Chapter 2

Miyeon came back to her apartment after school. She changed into a plain white shirt and blue jeans. The girl works at a cafe as a part timer.

"Miyeon!!" Her manager called her as soon as she entered the cafe.

"What is it?"

"Chittaphon will be a little late today can you handle alone for sometime."

"Yeah sure."

Miyeon put her apron on as the manager walked away. After arranging everything on the counter she opened the shop allowing customers to enter.

Soon the cafe was pretty much packed with customers. At this point it became really hard for Miyeon to work single handed.

People hand lined up at the ordering section and Miyeon was busy serving the drinks.

"Miss can you please make it quick." One of the impatient customers yelled out.

"I'm sorry for making you wait." She said approaching them with their drink.

As the poor girl was preparing four more drinks together one of the glasses fell from the counter making a crashing sound. The customers on the line looked at her with irritation.

As she was busy picking up the broken pieces of glass, Miyeon didn't notice a figure entering.

"Miyeon I'll handle the counter, cool down."

She sighed in relief hearing his voice.

The two handled the crowd together and soon the cafe was empty.

Since it was still an hour left to close the cafe, they switched on the T.V.

"Chittaphon gege can you please clean the cafe, I'll wash the dishes."

The boy nodded.

Miyeon started at the screen while washing the dishes.

"Breaking News: Another warehouse had reportedly caught fire. This is the fifth this month. Police are still investigating on this matter. It is being predicted that the fire is caused by some gang. The same coincidence can't happen over and over again."

Miyeon sighed.

"Mafia..." she whispered.

"Huh did you say anything?"

"Nothing, uhm Ge don't you think these gangs are increasing these days?" She asked biting her lower lips.

"Uh um maybe." He answered visibly uncomfortable with the topic.

The next hour went by as one or two customers came. The two workers closed the shop and went their ways.

___________________________________

Miyeon was studying for her test that were currently going on. It was her final year in highschool and she would go back to her country once she is graduated.

Her attention diverted to her phone which buzzed.

Girlz 💚

Surin
Hey girl what's up?

Nothing much
Just studying

Jieun
How much do you study?

My exams are going on.

Yumin
Miyeon are you going to comeback after graduation?

Yes unnie
I'm planning on joining you three in
the university.

Jieun
Yay

Surin
Your graduation is next month right?

Yup

Yumin
See you then.

Miyeon focused back to her studies. She wanted to join the university than once her beloved sister wanted to but faith didn't let her.

After that tragic incident of her sister's death more like murder, the three older girls had forced her to move away from the place and sent her to China.

Italic conversations are chinese and normal are korean.