Is It All Fake or Not?

dedicated to Nhicodelle & heartalight

"Elijah Black, you are to stay in this house during night! Am I understood?!" My mother yells.

"Yes, ma'am."

"No, not 'yes, ma'am'!! Yes  ma'am, I won't do that again. Just don't. Don't do that again. Who knows what could've happened to you and I don't wanna think about it."

Granddad looks at Mama with concern.

"Don't take it hard on him, Zylah.  This was partly your fault for leaving the doors unlocked."

Mama glared at him. "A-Are you lowkey encouraging him?"

"Now, why do you think that? I'm not encouraging him, but have you thought of him learning to protect himself...?"

Mama looked at me. "Elijah... You don't mind going to your room?"

I sat still, though. "Am I in trouble?"

Granddad shook his head and Mama nods.

"Eli, it's stupid to get in trouble for--"

"That's your Granddad's words." Mama interrupts. "What you think your father will say?"

I shrug.  I glared at Granddad. He ignored me and walks out. Mama motions me to get up. "Go to bed and don't get out of your room. You don't know how far I'll go to protect you."

☆☆☆

Instead of going to sleep, I pull out that heavy book from under my bed which was kept open. I had to be careful not to close it on accident. Even though that's hard to do with some thick book.

I flip to the beginning only to find a huge part of introduction. I wonder if the originals are in here... And if so, there's no need for me to read all of it again, right? Maybe. The first chapter: The Little Mermaid. This might be different, I think. I read a little and quickly lost interest. Right, what was I thinking when I said yes?

I got up and went to the library. I slightly gave the door a nudge and I stopped when I heard talking. Granddad and a woman's voice is clearly heard from outside.

"I hope he doesn't finds out. You know he'll hate you."

"Yeah, yeah, like I get that. He'll hate you, too."

"I had to put up with your wife, gracious! You know I don't like facing the wrath of a mother!"

Then, there was crying. Just crying.

"I'm sorry. Is she harsh on you when--"

"No! Hah, just don't come  any closer. I cried enough tears on men."

...
BWOOSH

I was on the floor before I knew it and palming the side of my face. I look up to see a gorgeous woman standing before me. Her  grayish blue eyes stared intensely at me and she smirks.

"Well, well, well. The child gone and listen in. Did you got all the info for all rubbish you were reading?"

Granddad stood behind her, avoiding my eyes. "Ellie."

"Do you got the memo that you're only gonna be a merman in your dreams?"

"Ellie!"

"Have you any idea that your Grandfather tells you to not tell your parents only because he don't want to get in trouble?"

As silent I am at the moment, I think they think I'm confused, but... I just feel sad for some reason.

"Ellie, if you don't stop at this moment!!"

"Oh, okay. Then, you'll tell him." She steps aside

Granddad finally looks at me. He walks over to me and ruffle my hair. "Go to bed, Eli."

Right then, Ellie stomps away. "He'll hate you!!" She called before slamming the door loud enough to be heard throughout the house.

"Gra--"

"Bed, Eli. Don't question anything you don't   know about."

I got angry right at the spot. "Well, that's stupid!!"

"I already put up with... One angry person and I don't need to put up with another."

"How do you know if I'm mad or not? You're just not wanting to tell me what that 'whoever she was' was talking about!"

"You don't know what she was saying. That's it. End. Now go to bed or I'll take you myself."

"I heard what she said!! Ugh! It's just that I don't understand! Why won't you listen to me! You're acting just like my dad!"

Granddad sighs. "See, Eli. You're crying." He picks me up even though I was kicking at him. He takes me to bed and read me one story. He always does that. Bipolar old man.

The rest of the night, I'm thinking  about  what the redhead was saying. I'm twelve years old, but it's always your age dealing with the understanding, I guess. It's probably after one. I consciously stare at the box from birthday. I never opened it and I never intended in doing that. So, I wonder why the sudden curiosity.

All of a sudden, my back started burning and aching.

"Argh..." I withdraw my attention from the box and went over to that long mirror of mine. I took off my shirt and gasp, horrified what I'm staring at...

Two bones literally curving out of my skin. Pointy tips... Black scattered spots on them...

It just made my skin crawl, I quickly turn the mirror around so it would be facing the wall. I look around my room.

CLICKE

That feeling when I think I'm not alone. I spotted a little square note near the box.

Eli is somewhat a very curious person.
The type who actually wants to go check it out...

You know what I mean?
*turns invisible*
Am I making myself clear?