Chapter Four- Bonds, Rumors, More secrets

~~Luka's point of view~~

It's been three weeks since I made a deal with Fawn. After that first week, Fawn and Phoenix come over almost daily. It doesn't bother me. I don't mind having them here; Fawn took over the lunch thing. With that, my situation with cars has changed. I no longer book cars between twelve and one. She makes lunch, and after we eat, Phoenix takes his nap while she and I talk about random shit. She reminds me of my little sister. I have grown attached to her.

I'd almost miss her if she didn't come with him. She doesn't stay outside with us. She goes in and cleans my house while Phoenix and I work on cars. Yes, he helps me now. I have taught him what my tools are. He hands them to me as I ask for them. The big or unsafe ones I get myself. The three of us just have a routine, and it works.

Today I knew something was on Fawn's mind. I knew she wouldn't talk in front of Phoenix. I didn't ask about it because I knew she would tell me. I am pretty sure she tells me things she wouldn't tell Pepper. Speaking of Pepper, I have yet to meet her. I don't want to approach her randomly. I figured she would come to me.

The only thing I can think of is she doesn't know her children come to my home while she is at work. Fawn told me about her parents and that Pepper raised her. She also told me about Phoenix's dad. I opened up to her about Annalise and Camilla.

I can say that Pepper has done an excellent job with both of them for being as young as she is. Fawn may be a little older than her age but losing your parents will do that to you. I hate that something is bugging her. I am almost waiting for lunch to get here. Why is it when you need something to happen, time drags?

Phoenix: "I am going potty. I'll be back."

Luka: "Ok little dude."

My phone rings as soon as he walks out. It's the realtor for this house. I asked if there was a possibility of possibly buying this house. She said she has to talk to the lawyer involved.

~~Phone Conversation~~

Flo: "Hello, Mr. Wild. I have some news about the Hawthorn home."

Luka: "What's up?"

Flo: "It's a little tricky. I am surprised no one knows about this, especially around here. This has been kept very quiet."

Luka: "What's going on, Flo?"

Flo: "Larry Bunk is the lawyer in charge of Greta Hawthorn's estate. He did what he was told by renting it. Your rent money has been going into a bank account for the Morrison family. Pepper Morrison is the rightful owner of your home. He has to discuss the sale with her."

Luka: "What is the problem with that?"

Flo: "Apparently Pepper doesn't know that Greta left her estate to them. Larry said that Greta asked that they not be told until Fawn is eighteen. Greta left her money too."

Luka: "What does that have to do with me buying it?"

Flo: "You have to wait until Fawn is eighteen."

Luka: "That's fine. It just two weeks away."

Flo: "How did you know that?"

Luka: "I've gotten to know Fawn and Phoenix well since I have been here."

Flo: "I see. I will let you know when we can move forward."

Luka: "Thank you."

~~End conversation~~

It makes me feel good that my rent is going to them. I know they don't struggle, but I also know they don't have a lot either. I can almost bet Fawn would have her own car, and Pepper would be driving something other than the piece of shit she has if they could afford it.