Chapter 2 -- Familiar Faces

^Picture Credit^ -- https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vnews.com%2FJim-Kenyon-Prison-Series-Part-1-4427024&psig=AOvVaw2v3BvfbMmmpwi76LSuKh6P&ust=1605411017014000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKjMoK-Mge0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAK

Quick Author's Note: In these chapters, there will be a few characters that you may recognize from the BAU's past, and I wanted to let you guys know that I altered some of their narratives, specifically where they were imprisoned and if they were imprisoned at all, just for the purpose of the narrative at hand. I'm aware that some of the characters were involved in cases NOT in Virginia or that some of their ages and sentences are not correct, but these changes were purposefully made for the sake of the story. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you noticed the inconsistencies from the show. Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Sorry for ruining the immersion a little bit :) Let's proceed with the story, shall we!

Reid's POV

The ride to the prison was eerily quiet. Neither Hotch nor Derek uttered a word to each other or me, but that was fine by me. My thoughts were tumbling over not only the situation I've found myself being thrown into with Jay's escape but also Morgan's concern for me. His words sounded so genuine, so affectionate. Normally, I would be irritated at him for treating me like a child, but this time...it seemed different to me. Perhaps...

"Let's head in. The prison director will be waiting for us." Hotch informed us, interrupting my thoughts; perhaps, my mind began thinking too much into his words. It could be nothing. 

After getting out of the SUV, reuniting with the rest of the team, we all headed into the prison, avoiding yellow tape and crime scene investigators as we approached the entrance. Inside, there was chaos everywhere, people frantically answering phone calls and running around attempting to resituate the functioning of the prison, after the riot disrupted everything. 

"Ah, you must be the BAU. Agent Hotchner? Thank you so much for coming down. I understand you have experience with the escapee?" An older, heavy-set man greeted us. 

Hotch shook his hand and responded, "Yes, Mr. Garfield. I'm SSA Agent Hotchner, this is SSA Agent Rossi, Agents Morgan, Jareau, and Prentiss, and this is Doctor Reid." As each name was said, everyone exchanged a handshake with Mr. Garfield, aside from myself of course. I personally don't understand the point of handshakes...there's no particular or exclusive benefits of them...really, you're only initiating an unnecessary exchange of bacteria, which can actually lead to detrimental health iss-

"Okay, here's what we're going to do," Hotch said, ceasing my internal rambling, "Emily and Morgan, take the first floor inmates, JJ you and Reid will take the second floor inmates, and Rossi and I will take the third. Remember, try and keep the discussion focused on Jay...some of these inmates you might recognize, and they may try and interfere with the investigation by distracting you...remember what we're here for." Everyone nods and slowly heads onto their floors. 

"Are you doing alright, Spence...I know this is all probably-" JJ began. 

I took it upon myself to interrupt her then and there, "I'm fine, JJ. The only thing on my mind is catching Jay so that he can serve his sentence, nothing more." JJ nodded, clearly not convinced, as we began interviewing corrupted criminals to find a corrupted criminal. 

No One's POV -- Hotch and Rossi's Interview

The two oldest agents entered one of the cells to find the killer they are about to interview sitting on the top most mental bunk, legs dangling over the side, seemingly staring at something only he could see. 

Rossi broke the uncomfortable silence, "Adam...I would've guessed you would be in a mental asylum right about now." 

Hotch continued, getting down to business swiftly, "Adam Rain...you were present during the riot not too long ago, right? Did you see anyone escape? Jay Stevenson? Do you know him?"