Chapter 16 -- The Date

^Picture Credit^ -- https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.popsugar.com%2Fentertainment%2Fphoto-gallery%2F43827490%2Fimage%2F43828390%2FHis-friendship-Derek-Morgan-so-beautiful-pure&psig=AOvVaw2Hcw_OyTRQgQWTZgK6yqea&ust=1605419457466000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNiM9OKrge0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAn

No One's POV

The first fifteen minutes or so at the cozy little restaurant were majorly compiled of small talk. Spencer couldn't get over how handsome his date looked. Though he was simply dressed in a normal pair of jeans, some brown boots, and a tight fitting shirt with his infamous leather jacket on top, he looked simply perfect. Meanwhile, on the other side of the small wooden table, Morgan was thinking the same thing about his date. Penelope certainly had done a fine job, as Morgan thought his date looked adorable. 

"This is really nice." Morgan voiced. 

"Yeah....you know I can't ever thank you enough for saving me."

"Oh, you have nothing to thank me for...I couldn't let you go dying on me.....plus Jay was a lunatic...clearly prison did its work on him......well, at least he didn't get any gang tattoos." Morgan concluded, attempting to change the subject. 

"He did though." 

"What do you mean?" 

"He actually did have one tattoo that I could see..right on his forearm. I thought it was actually hilariously ironic." 

Morgan rolled his eyes and asked, "How so?"

"His tattoo was not gang related, it was actually the Golden Spiral." 

"What's that? I'm not a genius like you, remember?"

Spencer giggled and answered, "The Golden Spiral is a logarithmic spiral with a growth factor denoted by phi, the twenty-first letter of the Greek alphabet."

"English please."

Spencer once again let out a short spurt of laughter before he replied, "Basically, those Fibonacci numbers? They make a spiral, the Golden Spiral, that appears even in nature like in some kinds of seashells, some plants, and even our own fingerprints in some cases...he had the spiral tattooed on his arm....I guess those Fibonacci numbers ended up imprinting on him more than we all thought." 

Morgan nodded, "Well, I'm stuffed. How about I walk you back to my place. There's this really nice park we can pass through...it'll be nice and......romantic." Spencer blushed before leaving the restaurant with his date, hand in hand. 

The night was cold. Spencer found himself thankful that Penelope included a sweater and a jacket in this outfit. As they strolled through the park, Spencer couldn't fathom that he was actually there. He had the man of his dreams walking next to him, holding his hand. He had survived yet another kidnapping. He felt genuinely happy. 

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" 

Spencer's grip on Morgan's hand tightened, causing them both to halt and face one another, "I just, uh....I'm really grateful to be here....with you....and..alive." 

Morgan grinned and placed his hand on Spencer's face and the other on the small of his back, "Well, you better start believing it....because I'm never letting you go..." With that, he crushed his lips against Spencer's. This kiss was yet another one that emanated pure, concentrated joy and bliss.  

After a while, they pulled apart, and Morgan said, "You believe this is real now?"

Spencer grinned and decided to apply some of that charm Penelope had talked to him about, "You know, I'm not so sure...you think you can prove it to me again?"

Morgan grinned and kissed him once again. As if on cue, rain began to pour fiercely, interrupting their moment. 

Morgan laughed so strongly, Spencer was almost unable to hide his blushing cheeks and smiling features, "It had to be something didn't it?" 

Spencer laughed right with him, "Absolutely." With that, the couple joined hands and ran towards the direction of Morgan's apartment, the rain chilling their skin. But neither man cared. They were together. And the rest was history.