Chapter 11 -- Questions and Answers

^Picture Credit^ -- https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbs.com%2Fshows%2Fcriminal_minds%2Fphotos%2F1006027%2F9-derek-morgan-moments-we-ll-never-forget&psig=AOvVaw08q1l4lXy2gsYDeDqjy1VI&ust=1605416512593000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCID_zu-gge0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD (OMG this moment in the show had me sobbing 100%)

Disclaimer/Trigger Warning: DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE, BLOOD, AND IMPLIED/NON-GRAPHIC GAY (MAN/MAN) SEXUAL SCENARIO AHEAD.

Reid's POV

I could taste the blood that was covering most of the left side of my face, where Jay's gun hit it's mark every time. The pain was almost unbearable, but it was crucial in this moment for me to focus...my life depends on it after all. For the first time, I knew I just had to find a way to stay alive...so that I can get back to Derek's strong arms. 

"Just ask the first question, Jay." I managed to choke out. 

"Alright, alright," Jay paused, allowing my eyes to meet Derek's once again, "This is going to be a fair game...which means, you, pretty miss tech-girl, are not allowed to simply search for the answers...otherwise, Spencer here will die..painfully. Got it?"

I saw Morgan subtly grasp onto Penelope's hand as she answered in a weak voice, "Understood."

"Marvelous!" Jay replied clapping his hands together in anticipation, "If everything's in order, let's move to the first question!..hmmmm.....let's start with an easy one, you know...to ease ourselves into this slowly, yeah? The first question shall be...how does our lovely state of Virginia compare to the other states in terms of size?" I was taken aback by the simplicity of the question, but my friends did not seem too relieved. 

"I-I have the answer for you, Jay," I began grimacing at my stuttering yet calmed down once again by the encouraging expressions of my team, "Compared to the other 50 states, that's including Hawaii and Alaska, Virginia happens to be the 35th largest state taking in size as the primary factor." 

Jay grinned and replied, "Correct...as I expected you to be...alright, who would like to ask me a question, then?"

Rossi spoke up after a short moment of unsure silence, "I'd love to, Jay. My question for you is, how did the riot start, the one that gave you and Mark the chance to escape?" 

Jay's smug smile faltered for a second before it returned as he explained, "That's a fun tale. You see, after I manipulated Mark into protecting me, in exchange for me...providing him the gift of sexual pleasure on occasion, he became my puppet; he was willing to do anything for me, anything at all which was exactly how I wanted him to behave."

"So, you had Mark start a riot that allowed you both to slip out, unnoticed." Emily concluded. 

Jay's grin had now fully returned, "Exactly. He throws a bit of food on a serial rapist...one thing leads to another and all of the big baddies start fighting back against some guards with kitchen forks, oh what a sight it was! That gave me the chance to speak to a few inmates while Mark made sure he wouldn't be missed right away...we met up and then got out of there. Simple." 

"And those inmates you spoke too...that was you passing along your messages for us?" JJ reasoned. 

Jay giggled, "Well...it looks like some blond bimbos actually have some brains in those pretty little heads of there's." 

"Watch yourself, Jay." Emily butted in, clearly eager to silence Jay's words towards JJ. 

"Okay, okay..I was only cracking a joke....let's move on, shall we? Your second question is a bit more..open-ended, you see? You guys are all law enforcement. So, tell me something unique and interesting about the police department in Virginia...let's have someone other than the doctor answer if you please." Jay said, completely ignoring Emily's warning.