( ☹ ) CHAPTER FOUR

[🥀] YOUR POV

[🥀] YOUR POV

it was akaashi, of course. and to your surprise, he was making out with the girl you had fought only hours earlier, his ex. your grip on kiyoko's hand tightens and you grind your teeth together, trying to soothe yourself before you did anything impulsive. your heart hurt at the situation.

this is what you get for getting so attached to a boy that barely knows you in a few hours.

you should've known better.

but you can't control feelings, and that's why you hate them so much. feelings do nothing except make you act irrationally. but you kept your cool for the most part. until those piercing blue eyes met your watering [e/c] ones.

those stupid gunmetal blue eyes that were the death of you. it felt as if time slowed down as his eyes began to show panic. it was like he was trying to apologize with a guilty look. at the sight, an overwhelming feeling of dread fills your chest. almost as if something was building up to blossom soon.

your wavering stare immediately drops to the ground, to avoid further uncomfortable eye contact with the setter. you couldn't stand to look at his face anymore, the face that you loved to admire was now rotten like an old apple.

kiyoko pulls you back into the direction of the stairs, knowing you most likely wanted to leave the party as fast as possible. she is your best friend, after all, she could basically read you like a book. "deep breaths [name], in and out." she says, trying to calm your quickening heart rate. "kiyoko i'm fine. i'm just in shock. i knew it would happen either way. i mean, she's his ex anyway" you state, a little too fast to seem believable.

as you stare her in her diamond-like eyes, you try your best to not seem disappointed, but it didn't work. ignoring your protests, she scans the area. "everyone seems to be outside or downstairs right now, so it'll be easier for us to get out of here. you need to wind down. hold still, i'll get you some water."

"you really don't need to, but thank you kiyoko." suddenly, your throat felt as dry as sandpaper. trying to clear your throat only resulted in a painful cough emitting from your mouth. it was like something obstructed your airway. "[name] are you alright? i brought you some water-" as kiyoko hands you the glass of water, the object in your throat becomes unlodged. coughing into your closed palm, you felt a petal eject from your mouth.

"what the fuck? why is there a petal coming out of my mouth..?" you ask, worried. "name.. have you heard of the hanahaki disease?" kiyoko questioned, slowly. "i thought that was only a stupid fanfiction troupe? there's no way it's real!" you say, clutching your head in your hands. as you shake your head, you began to panic. a lot.

"do you need me to take you home? i didn't drink tonight." kiyoko asked as she stands up. "please do, i need to get home as soon as possible." you tell her, holding out your hand. before she helped you up, she brought the glass to your trembling lips. the water was cool and refreshing, but not enough to cool the burning feeling in your throat. grabbing your outstretched hand, kiyoko helps you up, and slings your arm over her shoulder. your head begins to spin as you think of causes. it just has to be a coincidence. there's no way this fictional disease could be real... right?

"thank you for taking me home kiyoko..." you mutter, looking at the night sky. the windows were down, so a steady breeze kept you cool. "no problem, i can stay the night if you want?" she offers, and you shake your head desperately. "please do, my parents won't mind since you practically live here anyway." you laugh, yet it was stopped by a petal arising in your throat. not wanting to worry your already slightly panicked best friend, you hold it in your mouth.

 not wanting to worry your already slightly panicked best friend, you hold it in your mouth

"okay so, you need to take a shower first, and then i'll take one. i can make you some food?" she proposes. nodding, you slip off your shoes. you had to take it slow, knowing that if you moved too fast, the petals in your mouth could fall back down your throat. "sure, or you can order pizza. my parents are celebrating their anniversary for the week in tokyo and they left me money." turning on her lilac phone, she shoos you up the stairs, already looking for places to eat.

after a relaxing shower, and a few petals later, you flop down on your bed, waiting for kiyoko to finish her shower. while you were scrolling through twitter and retweeting the mitski bot's lyrics, you got a text from oikawa. you immediately go to open it, since you forgot to tell him you left early.

 you immediately go to open it, since you forgot to tell him you left early

smiling slightly, you were relieved that he didn't ask why you left. you couldn't bear to tell him and have another person worry about you. you planned to keep this from your parents as long as you could, hoping to keep this under wraps. your attention was diverted by kiyoko walking out of the bathroom in her pajamas, smiling at you.

"have you coughed any more petals up?" she asks, with that parental look back in her eyes. "no, not since we were at oikawa's." you lied, knowing that was far from the truth. smiling softly at you, she grabs your tv remote, opening hulu. "sailor moon?" she asks, wanting to watch the anime you two always watch together. nodding, you pull up the covers slightly and start eating, distracting yourself from the blossoming feeling welling in your lungs again.

 nodding, you pull up the covers slightly and start eating, distracting yourself from the blossoming feeling welling in your lungs again