( ☹ ) CHAPTER FIVE

[🥀] YOUR POV

[🥀] YOUR POV

a few days had passed since you contracted the disease. ever since, kiyoko made you her utmost priority. she checked on you every thirty minutes like she was your personal nurse. you lied as best as you could since you hated seeing her worried about you. you often had to push her away so she could take care of herself since she would be so caught up in making you drink water, eat, and everything. you appreciated it of course, but it felt like a bit too much for a minor problem.

not wanting to risk anything, you decided to start wearing masks to school. no one really questioned it, they just thought you had a cold or something.

the flowers started to increase, they came up more frequently. it was getting harder to suppress each day, but you persevered. your biggest concern at the moment was the upcoming volleyball training camp, hosted by nekoma. fukurodani was attending too, meaning you would see the person you didn't want to.

akaashi.

you really didn't want to go, but you're a manager along with kiyoko and yachi, and you don't want to worry the team.

"[name], your doctor's appointment is after school today right?" kiyoko asks, opening her locker

"[name], your doctor's appointment is after school today right?" kiyoko asks, opening her locker. "yeah it is. i'm kind of worried for this week though, because of the training camp." you sigh, leaning against the locker next to hers.

"it'll be okay, just stay by me and yachi. i'll be there for you." she reassures as she pats your shoulder. "let's get to class, shall we?" you ask, grabbing her hand.

after the school day, you and kiyoko stop by the gym, telling yachi and the coaches that you'll be leaving early. "come on, let's catch the bus before it leaves!" you say, picking up your pace. making it just in time, the two of you find a seat near the front. panting, you manage to take your water out of your bag and drink some before you feel a petal come up.

coughing slightly, you try to make it unlodge in a way that wouldn't alarm your friend. it didn't work, and you ended up coughing pretty loudly. kiyoko flinched at your sudden cough and started patting at your back. "are you okay? was it another petal?" kiyoko questions. "n-no. i just choked on my water.." you lie, looking away. furrowing her brows, she stares at you, expecting the truth. you keep your stare fixed on the window until you arrived at your stop.

"[full name]?" the nurse called out into the waiting area,  as you get up, you hand kiyoko your bag

"[full name]?" the nurse called out into the waiting area,  as you get up, you hand kiyoko your bag. giving her a smile, you walk off with the nurse. "so, my notes say here that you started...coughing up petals? is that correct?" the nurse questions as you sit on the bed. "yes, exactly that." you say, staring at your shoes. you were actually quite nervous, since your symptoms still seem fictitious.

"okay let me just take your vitals, and the doctor will be in for you soon!" she says as you nod. after a few long minutes, the doctor finally walks in. "hello, [name]! i am doctor okamura!" she states, holding out her gloved hand for you to shake. when you take her hand, she asks you a few more questions before running x-rays on you.

"well, it appears you have the hanahaki disease. you have an option to take the surgery, that removes your feelings for the person permanently, and in some cases can even wipe your memories of them. we'll give you some time to think it over, yet we only have a limited amount of time until you uh, pass. that is a possibility if you don't get the surgery, and the person doesn't return the same feelings towards you." dr. akemi sighs, looking quite stressed. you had your focus fixed to the floor. the possibility of death stuck in your mind, scaring you slightly. you didn't want to die due to being lovesick for someone you just met.