▆▆ 007

女神┊ GOD COMPLEX

女神┊ ❝ GOD COMPLEX ❞

(   007

(   007.   AFTER PARTY   )

JUST LOOK AT HER and your eyes would have gleamed in a lovestruck gaze

JUST LOOK AT HER and your eyes would have gleamed in a lovestruck gaze. You would have felt it in your bones when a tingle of a flame consumed the depths of your skeletal frame. Or when your heart tightened in such a way, you must have felt the flutters that trembled in your chest. Because imperfections were her only enemy, and Prima Donna would only live a life where others begged to be her. This woman was, in fact, the walking, breathing physical form of a greek goddesss—because look at her. How was she not?

She had stolen what the heavens had protected, and used it to her own advantage. As long as she was in control, Prima Donna would always win. Such a cunning strategy became a simple game; it was child's play after all, and no one would dare to go against her intellectual mind. No one would. Not even the other gods that feasted upon their disgusting jealousy. Because they knew that if they dared to use their jealousy against her, then Prima Donna would have costed another soul's life.

"This is Han Jumin, he's one of the leading investors for the company", Maki stated.

Prima Donna smiled then shook hands with the man, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Tonight was no different from her other nights. The occasional formal parties filled with celebrities who had walked on the red carpet, and of course, the wealthy investors and important film crew members from top tier companies had joined too. To the public, it was an event where the riches and famous gathered for award ceremonies and such—but Hollywood was a tricky mind play. If you worked in this industry for a long time, you would know that such formal events was only a stepping stone used to meet other potential influential figures. And for Prima Donna, she did exactly as how she could describe it. Attack.

"I have watched many of your films, you are as talented as the rumours say."

"That brings me great joy—"

"She certainly is a one of a kind", a sudden voice spoke.

Despite her superiority and greed, Prima Donna could not seem to tame one particular man—no—he was a beast. Sukuna, the one and only demon. He wasn't even worthy enough to be called a soul who had any sort of sanity left when his mind fed onto the malicious thoughts that roamed through the crevices of his head. To the woman called Prima Donna, a self proclaimed god that devoted her life for perfection—Sukuna was a beast that held her back in the dark. And yet, in the most nonsensical way, he was perhaps the only god that could rival against the woman.

"I believe we've met before, Jumin."

"Sukuna, of course, your name was mentioned all
over my screen even when I was back in Korea. I'm actually a big fan of your films."

"That's a huge compliment, I am honoured to hear that from you."

The two males exchanged a brief handshake as they spoke a couple of words to each other. Prima Donna resisted the urge to claw his flesh with her sharp nails when the beast overtook her spotlight. It seemed as though Sukuna had a way in ruining her plans once again. The woman was about to speak when she felt an arm entwined around her waist. Her fiancé, Gojo, had made quite the grand entrance as he sneaked a kiss on her forehead. Prima Donna felt the many gazes that pierced from the back of her skull, and it was no surprise when Gojo had the notable reputation as a playful man who did whatever his heart had told him to do.

Jumin noticed his presence, "And you must be Gojo Satoru, congratulations on your engagement, I hope many good things may come your way."

"Thank you for your wishes, I'm certainly one lucky man to be engaged with such a. . .", Gojo eyed the director as a mischievous smile was carved into his face.

"Lovely fiancée."

How absurd. Prima Donna could feel a sudden cold tension that arose in the atmosphere. Not once did their eyes look away, and not once did the flames in both their glares died out. The two men kept it plain and simple. It was both a look that meant competition. You could see it in their eyes when you peered a little closer, just to marvel upon the sight of a wildfire that leaked from their lashes. The flames crawled and flickered so bright and so loudly; it cackled a snarky chuckle behind their irises.

"And what about you, Sukuna, any particular woman that you have on your mind?", Jumin questioned the director.

Sukuna carved a smile on his face then took a sip of his champagne. The bittersweet taste bubbled inside his mouth, but the flavour was not strong enough to wash off his feelings. She hated the way his eyes could tell her a million of stories with just one glance, and yet he was a man with little words. Sukuna had always been like this. He hadn't changed much after all. He had always been the same beast who weakened her knees to the ground. And because of that very reason, Prima Donna grew to be wary of a dangerous god like him. Sukuna chuckled as he answered Jumin's question; his eyes never leaving the woman.

"I have for a very long time."