▆▆ 008

女神┊ GOD COMPLEX

女神┊ ❝ GOD COMPLEX ❞

(   008

( 008. NOSTALGIA )

SUKUNA RUINED HER LIKE a god that had pushed an angel out from the heavens

SUKUNA RUINED HER LIKE a god that had pushed an angel out from the heavens. He had ripped her wings with his unholy hands and plucked the feathers one by one until her bloody flesh bled out venom and dirt. You could hear the bone-crunching noises when the beast himself had snapped her ribs into pieces, and the piercingly cracking sound of her wicked bones did not fail to cover up his sinister chuckle. Sukuna was just a menacing beast who hid behind a sweet trap.

And yet—knowing exactly who Sukuna truely was, Prima Donna couldn't seem to get a hold of herself. As much as her soul detested that cursed spirit of a demon, Sukuna had very much pulled the woman inside his malicious game. Because for a beast who had the world tied to his fingers, Sukuna had the power to do whatever he wanted. Even if it meant that his wishes were against him. He was simply a man whom others desired to feast upon. A god that Prima Donna could not avoid.

"Oh, I didn't expect to see you so soon. Missed me?", Sukuna asked with sarcasm dripping from his tone.

Prima Donna had arrived in the film studio a lot more earlier than she had anticipated for, but she did not expect to see his face first thing in the morning. The film director was lounged on the couch as the artificial television lights ignited upon his eyes. Not once did his eyes dare to leave the screen. At first, Prima Donna couldn't seem to understand how a video tape could intrigue this beast so much. But the more she followed his gaze, the more she understood why. Prima Donna held her breath as her starry eyes were wide open upon the flashing soft lights from the screen.

"Do you remember?", he asked, a voice so suddenly gentle in such a way, she couldn't believe her ears.

How could she forget? It was back in college in the rundown dorms that smelt of after sex sweat and hidden stashes of alcohol and drugs in the cabinets. Those youthful, long days where most college students would spend most of their nights crashing at a frat party—Prima Donna could remember everything. The video tape being played on the screen was probably back in their first year of college. The summer of 1998 where Sukuna and the woman had previously studied together. It was a memory of their first film making project in college, and a memory that Prima Donna had hoped to forget.

"No, I don't remember."

"Liar."

Sukuna pulled the woman to the couch as he pinned her down beneath his skin. The soft murmurs of her 18 year old self on the screen had suddenly became silent when the woman had her eyes focused on what's in front of her. Because the way Sukuna held her down with his sharp glare made her ears go deaf. But the silence was too loud in her ears. It consumed her in such a way, Prima Donna could hardly even breathe at this point. But in that single minute where the world seemed to have stopped, the video tape from years ago kept rolling and so did his voice.

"The summer we met, you and I made a promise. We didn't have much on our hands, fuck that, we were two stupid young fools that dreamt of something out of reach—but we swore to each other when we only had each other."

There was something in the way that makes humans prone to their vulnerability. Call it a weakness—but such concept was a sign of a failure for a perfectionist. Prima Donna could see it in his eyes when it softened beneath the dim lights, or the way his lips had quivered the slightest bit when he spat the words out. The expression he crafted on his face was a face of a human who had been cracked open just to be exposed for the whole world to see. She hated the ideology upon vulnerability. And yet, Prima Donna could feel the same weakness in her soul.

"I have a scene coming up soon, I need to go", she stated as cold as ice.

Prima Donna pushed him off as she made her way to the exit. She wanted to leave but Sukuna had abruptly slammed his arm against the door when her hand was on the door handle. There was barely any space left in between them when her back was pushed against his chest. The air that was shared between the two adults smelt more like his bitter cologne mixed with his rotten cigar. It was an awful smell that reminded her of those old days where the summer heat came in during a Sunday afternoon back in college. A scent that became sickeningly addicting.

"Don't pretend like nothing happened."

Sukuna leaned in a little closer as he continued on, "I can't be the only one that's still holding onto the past. I know you feel it too, I know you do—"

"I have a fiancé."

She spoke the words out like a dagger that had been pierced into his chest. The words were sharp and articulate. Not even a stutter or a slight tremble in her voice could be heard. Prima Donna glanced at the tall man. His beast-like eyes gloomed an empty, dark abyss when she gazed into those orbs. There was something comical about this situation. But the humour in his chuckle could not seem to find his voice. It was lost and so was he. Because when the realisation had sunken inside his head, Sukuna didn't dare to utter a single word. The video tape continued to roll in the background.

But he could not seem to hear a single thing.