The Moth and the Flatscreen

Artemisia was out on the town for an occasional walk. Thankfully, it was around night time, and few demons were out—some of which cat called her like so many times before.

But she ignored them.

Then she noticed a pink limo following her. She stopped to get their attention and then stepped back when the limo door was next to her.

As the door opened, a tall insect demon came out. He looked 11 feet and had a pink coat with a white fur collar that had hearts on it. He was also wearing pink and gold sunglasses.

"You were able to avoid me for an entire year, but your little luck ends here! I'm Valentino, my dear. I've been looking for you for quite some time."

"So I've heard. What for?"

"What else? I think you'd make a perfect worker for me at my studio. I can even assure you that you'll have all the necessities you need. Just think of me as your sugar daddy." Valentino said in a sugar-sweet voice as if he was certain, she would say yes.

"I appreciate it...but no." 

Valentino seemed to have frozen in place a bit. No one, male or female, ever said 'no' to his face that boldly. Does she not know who he is?!

"Woman, do you even know who I am?" He asked with a threatening tone.

"No. And I could care less." The female demon said, turning on her heel to leave, only to be stopped by another demon. For the most part, this one was normal, but he had a flatscreen TV for a head rather than a human one.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked with a smile that was anything but nice. 

"Hm. Not with you." Artemisia said before vanishing. And reappearing on the other side of the car. "Have a nice day, gentlemen." She smiled before taking off in a flash.

"Follow that green doe!" Valentino shouted at the driver, and the limo took off as they got in.

-----------------

Artemisia decided to humor those two a bit and led them on a wild goose chase. Or deer chase in this case. She ran through marketplaces, bumpy roads, even wrong way streets.

Finally, she had the driver follow her into a termite mound field. Only these were metal-eating termites! And when they thought they had her cornered, she had the limo fall into a ditch.

The once shiny limo had termite bites, wrecked wheels, and a nearby rock smashed the engine. The driver was lamenting that he had the vehicle waxed before the chase.

"Please tell me you got insurance on this thing, Val," Vox told his partner.

"My old man always told me those are just rip-offs," Val stated, straining his voice to keep his temper.

Artemisia laughed to herself as she vanished off.

-------------

Alastor took his casual walk around town, demons running for their lives at the sight of him as usual, when he heard a news report from the picture show. 

Apparently, the two overlords, Valentino and Vox, were on the trail of the Emerald Witch, but she had tricked them into a wild goose chase, making fools of them. Some demons even reported the whole thing and took pictures.

Alastor had never been more amused, laughing like a hyena.