Chapter 6- The Nursery

Bucky woke up the following morning with a heavy object jumping on his chest. He opened his eyes and saw Alice jumping on him. Alice waved to him as she sucked on her new pacifier. Bucky chuckled and smiled.

"Good morning baby doll."  Bucky said. He scooped the little one up and brought her to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"Choose a baba, then daddy will make you toast." Bucky said with an encouraging voice. Alice grabbed a bottle with blue butterflies on it. Bucky smiled and took the bottle from her.

"Should've known you'd choose that one." Bucky said as he started to heat up some water to heat up the milk. He set the bottle on the counter and took out the bread and put it in the toaster. He went into living room and laid Alice down on the couch.

"Let's change that diaper." Bucky cooed as he started to undress Alice and get the supplies. Out of nowhere Alice started whining and kicking. 

"Hey, what's going on?"  Bucky asked. Alice began to cry and continued to kick. 

"I know you're hungry darling, just let me change you and you can eat okay?" Bucky said in a calming voice.  Alice's cries turned to whimpers and small hiccups. Bucky changed Alice quickly, shushing her every so often. Once he dressed Alice he picked her up and put her in the highchair. Bucky took the toast out of the toaster and buttered it for Alice. He tore it up in bite size pieces and put them on Alice's tray. Alice picked up the pieces and put them in her mouth. Bucky poured the now hot water into a measuring cup and put Alice's bottle in the water so the milk inside would heat up. 

"Allie, Uncle Stevie is coming over today, and Uncle Tony and Auntie Natasha and Auntie Wanda. They're gonna help set up your new room." Bucky said playfully. Alice smiled widely and jumped in her seat. 

"You're going to have your own room now, you don't have to sleep with daddy all the time." Bucky said with excitement. He checked on the bottle and took it out of the water and gave the now warm bottle to Alice, who put the bottle in her mouth and started drinking the milk greedingly. 

"Slowly Alice Marie, we wouldn't want you to choke now would we?" Bucky warned Alice, who took the warning seriously and started to drink slower. Bucky chuckled and started to eat his own breakfast and drink his coffee. Once he had finished he wiped Alice's hands and face and took her out of the high chair. He then walked her to the living room and dumped out her toys on the floor.

"You behave while I clean up, okay?" Bucky said as Alice nodded in response and started to play with the tons of toys she had. Bucky then cleaned up the highchair and washed the dishes. He put the dishes on the drying rack. Once he finished drying his hands he heard the doorbell ring. He threw the towel over his shoulder and opened the door. Steve, Tony, Wanda, and Natasha were at the door, holding paint and paint brushes and paint rollers. 

"Hey guys, come on in." Bucky said as he moved to the side so the others could come in. Steve then directed them to the empty room that will soon become Alice's room. Alice looked up from her little games and watched the adults walk to her new room. She then began to crawl, following them to the room. She sat at the entrance of the room and watched her aunts and uncles put the paint cans and brushes on the ground. 

"Hi." Alice said bluntly. Once she had everyone's attention she waved a little. Steve walked up to her and picked her up. Tossing her in the air to make the baby giggle and kissed her cheek.

"Hey darling girl, you excited for your new room?" Steve said excitedly. Alice nodded and giggled. 

"Uncie Stevie, Uncie Tony, Auntie Wanda, and Auntie Tasha." Alice said pointing to each person and smiled. Steve smiled widely.