Chapter Twenty-Six

As my fourth year at Hogwarts was drawing to a close, exams were rapidly approaching. I was forced to spend more and more time indoors instead of in the warm weather. Unfortunately, more time studying meant less time with Draco. I had tried (and failed) to study with him, but he would always end up distracting me. 

Draco was walking me back to my common room after our last class of the day. "So," he said, grabbing my hand and rubbing my knuckles with his thumb, "what do you want to do today?"

I looked at him apologetically. "I'm sorry, but I have to study today."

"You're always studying though. Why can't we just study together?" he scowled. 

"You know we don't get anything done together anymore."

He shrugged, knowing that he couldn't deny my claim. "Can you blame me? There are so many other things I would rather be doing." Draco smirked. 

I laughed. "Yes, I know." We reached the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room. I reluctantly dropped Draco's hand. "I'll try to be done by dinner, and maybe we could hang out after?" I told him. Draco left the corridor, and I walked into my common room. 

Hannah, Susan, Ernie, and Justin were waiting towards the back of the room. I made my way over to them. Sitting down in an armchair, I dropped my bag on the floor and pulled out my homework. We had started this study group in our first year at Hogwarts, and it was still going strong. They kept me (mostly) on track, and they were fun to work with. I was confident that I could get my work done by dinner. 

I didn't get my work done by dinner. 

We made our way to the Great Hall. While everyone else walked to the Hufflepuff table, I made my way over to Slytherin. My heart sped up as everyone looked at me. I stopped when I reached the group of fourth years towards the center of the table. 

"What is she doing here?" Pansy sneered. Whispers flickered down the table. 

I ignored her. "I won't be able to hang out tonight, I'm sorry." I told Draco. 

He raised his eyebrows. "Have you considered not caring about school anymore?"

I rolled my eyes at him, but a slight smile appeared on my face. "I'll see you tomorrow." 

I sat back down at the Hufflepuff table and ate my dinner. Afterwards, we walked back to Hufflepuff and continued studying. 

Soon, a knock sounded at the door. I got up and opened it, revealing Draco standing expectantly, his school bag swung casually over his shoulder. 

"Draco?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Since you're determined to spend all of your time studying, I thought I'd join you." He said as he pushed past me into the common room. 

Heads turned at his arrival, and I got deja vu to the night when Draco announced our relationship. Thankfully, things had calmed down since then, but most of my fellow Hufflepuffs still weren't very welcoming towards him. Draco ignored the whispers, and I led him over to my group of friends. 

"Draco's insistant on joining us." I explained to their confused faces. I turned back to my boyfriend. "Do you know everyone or do I need to introduce you?"

"Abbott, I know." Draco said, leaning back in his armchair. "I didn't bother to learn anyone else's names, sorry."

My friends seemed annoyed, and I rolled my eyes. While I loved Draco and wanted to spend time with him, this was going to be a long night. "This is Susan Bones, Ernie Macmillan, and Justin Finch-Fletchley." I said, gesturing to each of them in turn.