Sick (part 1)

Warnings: None
Reader Gender: Neutral

Luffy waited, not so patiently, outside of the infirmary waiting for chopper to give him some news on Y/n's condition. They had recently gotten sick, and Luffy couldn't be more worried. The last time someone was sick in his crew, it was Nami, and she nearly died. To think Luffy could loose Y/n, made him just as sick as they were. Finally, after what seemed liked an eternity, Chopper opened the door. Luffy immediately zoomed past the small reindeer and into the room. "Y/n!? Are you feeling better!? You are right!?" He asks desperately. "Wait a minute, Luffy!" Chopper ran over to him. "Y/n is still really sick, you shouldn't be so close." Even though Luffy claims to never get sick, Chopper didn't want to take any chances. "Is she gonna die!?" Luffy asks in panic. "No, it's just the flu." Chopper tells him as he grabs some medicine. "You should leave, I need to give Y/n their medicine, if they don't get it they'll...won't get better." He didn't date tell Luffy that the flu could be deadly if left untreated.

"But I never get sick." Luffy pouts as he looks back at the still sleeping Y/n. Their breathing was raspy, and their body was dripping with sweat and heat. It pained him to see one of his friends so sick, and the only thing he could do was hope that Chopper could save them. After a while of persuasion, Luffy finally agreed to leave so Chopper could focus on helping Y/n.

After an hour, Y/n was awake. Chopper had instructed them to take the medicine he made for them as soon as they was awake, after taking it, the door bursts open. The sudden noise made Y/n jump. They looked over at the entrance of the infirmary, to see their captain, and crush, standing there with a relived expression. "You're awake!" He cheers. Luffy hurries to their side and hugs them tightly, his actions made Y/n's face turn bright red. Once Luffy pulled away, and saw their face, he got worried all over again. "Are you still sick?" Y/n leans away from him slightly, not wanting him to get sick as well. "Well, yes but, I'm starting to feel better." They give him a nervous smile. "Good!" Luffy's smile returned. "I really thought you weren't going to get better." Y/n felt him tense up, his expression said relief, but his body language said otherwise.

"Don't worry cap', I'm not going anywhere." Y/n wanted to hug him as well, but she wouldn't risk it. "That's right! And as captain I order you not to leave me, ever! Got it?" Y/n's heat rate picked up again. He couldn't understand the weight of his words could he? What that meant to Y/n? "Who am I to disobey my captain?" They laugh weakly. "But, you have to promise you won't leave me either. You really mean a lot to me, a-and the crew of course." Luffy chuckles. "You know who you're talking to? Course I'm not going anywhere!" Luffy says proudly. The two would continue to talk together for a while, until it was time for Y/n to rest again. Soon she was back with the rest of the crew, healthy and well. But...it turns out Luffy can get sick, and he wasn't taking it too well.

"I told you!" Scolded Chopper.