Sick (part 2)

Warnings: none
Reader Gender: Neutral

"You're kidding." Y/n deadpans. "Unfortunately, I'm not." Chopper said, in the same tone. "I told him that he would get sick if he was too close to you! Why can't he ever listen to me?" He shakes his head. "How is he doing?" Y/n asks. "He'll get better, but only if he takes his medicine, which he won't." Chopper huffs. Of course he won't, their captain was more stubborn than a mule. Not to mention one of the most childish 19 year olds they've ever known. Y/n groans and rubs their temple. "I've tried everything. He won't budge." Said Chopper. "I know I'm not a doctor." Y/n began. "But could I give it a try?" They asked. "I'm willing to try anything at this point!" The little reindeer exclaims. Y/n chuckles and gives him a pat on the head before making their way to the infirmary.

Y/n walked into the room to see their captain laying on the bed. He must have just gotten done with a coughing fit, because his voice was raspy as he spoke. "Y/n?" They walked closer but kept their distance, Y/n  had just recently recovered, they didn't want to get sick again. "Hey Luffy. I hear you're not taking your medicine." Luffy avoids Y/n's stern gaze. "....It's gross." Y/n felt the veins popping on their head. "Luffy! You have to take your medicine!" They say sternly. "No! It's gross!" Luffy argues like a child. "It will make you better faster!" Y/n counters. "Never!" Luffy turns away from them. Y/n groans and takes the medicine from the counter next to Luffy's bed and walks to the other side. "Luffy, you're our captain. How can you be a proper captain if you're sick?" Luffy didn't answer them. "How are you ever going to be pirate king if you don't get better?" That had to have convinced him. There was a slight tense in Luffy's breathing, but sill no answer.

"Luffy...how are we ever going to play again? We can't have fun if you're sick in bed all day." Surely that, had to have worked. Luffy and Y/n would always play together whenever they were bored. Though they were both too old for such games, they never seemed to care. They were having fun together in each other's company, and that's all that mattered to them. And yet, still nothing from the stubborn captain. Alright, enough is enough. Y/n opens the medicine and sips a few times before crouching down, careful not to swallow the rather bitter tasting medicine. Once they were at Luffy's level, they gently placed their hand on his cheek, which was burning hot, and made him face them. "Y/n?" Luffy mutters. "I'm not taking it, don't bother talking me into it." Y/n simply shakes their head and leans down closer to him. Luffy raises an eyebrow in confusion, and for some reason, every inch Y/n got closer to him, the more hot he felt. He must have been getting sicker, but he still won't budge!

"Y-Y/n? What are you doing?" He asks, stifling a cough. Y/n didn't respond as they finally were inches away from his face. Y/n gives him an evil smirk before placing their lips onto his. Luffy's eyes widened in utter shock, and before he knew it, he felt the bitter medicine enter his own mouth. He didn't have much strength to push Y/n away, all he could do was lie there and take ever last drop of the medicine. Once Y/n was sure he swallowed, they pull away, breathless. Luffy's face was caught somewhere between disgusted and flustered. "W-what was that for!?" He stutters, face bright red. "Well, you wouldn't take it no matter what right? It was the only way, and I'd say it would be better than being held down and force fed it."

Y/n was probably going to be sick again, but they didn't mind, as long as their captain felt better. That's all they wanted. "I promised I wouldn't ever leave you. And you promised you wouldn't leave me either. How are yo it suppose to keep good on the promise of you didn't get any better?" Luffy avoids her eyes, guilt taking over the overwhelming feelings he had. He nods and clears his throat. "Yeah, I'm sorry Y/n. I'll get better, for you." Y/n smiles. "And for our friends. We all need you Luffy. So don't be stupid and do that again!" She flicks his forehead. "Ow! Alright, alright!" Y/n signs and shakes their head. They just had to fall in love with an idiot.