Welp, That Happened

The most dangerous men in Kumo loomed over her and Hanako immediately regretted ever making this plan. Killer Bee looked incredulous behind his sunglasses, and his brother—the flippin' Raikage—regarded her with open distrust.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded, massive arms crossed over his chest. His cloak and hat lay discarded on the floor, leaving him standing in the Kage's box shirtless and unimpressed. A muscle jumped in his jaw. He could kill her so easily, and he wouldn't even need his brother's help.

Swallowing thickly, Hanako bowed her head. "Forgive the impudence, Raikage-sama, but time is of the essence. Konoha is currently being invaded by an allied army of Oto and Suna ninja and the Hokage's life is in danger. I need to speak with Gyuuki-sama now, before I am needed elsewhere."

Oh, he did not like that. "Suna? I thought you were allies? And who the hell is Oto?"

She did not have time for this, but—"Oto is a village in the Land of Rice Paddies, founded by Orochimaru. Suna is our ally, but Orochimaru stole the Kazekage's face and instigated this invasion. He is currently engaged in combat with the Hokage. Please, may I speak with Gyuuki-sama?"

A looked like he might speak again, but his brother cut him off, bouncing in what she assumed was excitement, but, given her memories of him from Before, that could just be a permanent quirk.

"Yo, you know his name! More people should, for shame!"

Oh, God, the rapping. She'd forgotten about the rapping.

"Yes," she agreed. "They should." Then, before she could be side tracked any further. "Shukaku and Kurama are both in the village. Their jinchuriki are teenaged boys on opposite sides of this conflict. It is expected that at least one will lose control and enter a full transformation. Is there any way for Gryuuki-sama to prevent that?"

Both men stilled and A's scowl deepened. "How do you know all that?"

"Replying to Raikage-sama," she really didn't have time to be so formal, but pissing him off was a bad idea. "I am close friends with both jinchuriki, and a fuinjutsu mastery candidate. Shukaku's seal is weak and poorly done, leaving his host's mind unstable due to constant exposure to his chakra. He's done a good job of restraining himself, but all of this excitement coupled with Kurama's host's...exuberance...will likely prove too much for him. He'll try, though."

She hoped. Canon Gaara hadn't, but her Gaara wasn't as angsty.

Plus, her Sasuke wasn't as mean and desperate to prove himself. And her Naruto had a modicum of tact. So, hopefully, things would be...more okay than they were in canon?

Then again, the universe had already proven that some things couldn't—or wouldn't—be changed. Better to send in the big guns.

"So, what?" A's expression was sour. "You want Bee to go out and wrangle two untrained jinchurki into submission? While there's an invasion on?"

Well, yeah. That's literally what she said.

"Easy, bro," Bee interjected, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder. "I wanna go!"

Oh, thank God. Some of the tension left her body. "Then, Gyuuki-sama has agreed to help?"

The tall man smiled down at her, the expression oddly akin to Guy's own brilliant grin. "Don't sweat it! These invaders will regret it!"

She returned his grin with one of her own. "Thank you!"

"Wait a second," the Raikage's raised hand was somehow more intimidating than his scowl. "What are you going to be doing while my brother's out teen taming?"