3. Area 51

Peter felt the cool New York breeze on his face as he perched at the top of the warehouse. Aunt May had fallen asleep early, giving him a start to his-or rather, Spiderman's night. This is where he was most content, where he didn't have to hide his strength anymore. 

He closed his eyes and allowed his hearing to intensify. Car horns, phone conversations and music blended into the background as Peter searched for any signs of abnormal distress. He opened his eyes, two blocks over a woman was yelling. Peter let off the roof, swinging from balcony to light post letting the wind brush past him. He landed on top of a building and peered down into the alley way below. 

A man was hassling a woman, making an attempt to take her purse. Peter dropped to the ground, "hey let her go." He turned to face Peter.

"Look kid I don't know who you are but screw off, this dosn't involve you." The woman clutched her purse, eyes moving back and forth between the two. 

"I said let her go." The man glared at Peter once more before pulling something out of his back pocket. A knife. He quickly stepped behind the woman and held the knife to her throat.

"Leave us alone." The woman's eyes widened, Peter could hear her heart beat accelerate. His hand shot out as he used the web to snatch the knife from the man's hand. "Wha-" the man didn't get to finish the sentence, Peter knocked him unconscious.

The man fell to the ground, and the woman turned to face Peter, "thank you." 

"Uhh, yeah, no uhh no problem ma'am." The woman hurried out of the alley way, clutching her bag to her side. 

Twenty minutes later Peter was sitting next to his bag on the rooftop again. He had written the details of the attempted mugging on a sticky-note and taped it to the man's head. The knife was in a plastic bag next to the unconscious man, tied up in front of the police station. He was prepared to continues his nightly routine when he heard a slight vibration coming from the bottom of his book bag. 

He pulled out his phone, the illuminated screen read Incoming Call, Knives. Huh, Natasha has never called him before and for some reason he was nervous. She was a spy, what of she found out that he, Peter Parker was Spiderman?

He took a deep sigh and answers the phone, bringing it to his ear. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Peter"

"Uhh, hi Knives er Natasha, what am I supposed to call you? And why did you call me?" 

He heard her slight, muffled laughter on the other side of the line. "I don't really know kid, call me what you want."

Peter hummed in acknowledgment. 

"Are you outside right now?" Her tone turned inquisitive. "Peter are you on a rooftop?"

His eyes widened, she was really good. "How, uhh, what?" 

"Peter I can hear the wind."

"Ohh uh yeah, I am."

"Why?"

"I like the view, it's really nice."

"So you're sitting on a rooftop at three in the morning because," she mimicked his voice, "you like the view, it's really nice."

Peter rolled his eyes. "I do not sound like that, and yes I like the view."

"Have you done your homework?"

"Yes" Peter turned defensive.

She hummed again in disbelief.

"No" Peter admitted quietly.

"Your school starts in, let's see, four and a half hours. You should probably get on that."

"Hey it's three in the morning, what are you calling me?"

He heard her sigh quietly. "Work was complicated today and I rarely sleep."

"Spy stuff?"

She laughed again, "Sure let's call it that." 

They fell into a brief silence before Peter broke it. "So you know how you're a secret agent spy person." 

"Umm, sure?"

"What the hell is in Area 51?" 

Natasha burst out laughing. "Area 51, is that what you really want to know about?"

"Uhhh yeah, duh." 

Her laughter continued, "Peter that was so ridiculously out of pocket."

"I'm serious" he whined slumping against his backpack. 

"Oh good lord," Natasha burst into another round of laughter. "Are, are, you one of those conspiracy theorist?" 

"Fine you know what, forget I even asked."

"Ohh Peter don't be grumpy, even if I knew I couldn't tell you."

"You know what I think Natasha?"

"What's that?"

"You do know, you're just not telling me."

"Go do your homework kid."

"AHAHA so I was right!"

"Homework. Now." 

"Fine fine fine fine fine."

"Have a good night, or rather, day."

"You too Knives."

"Stop calling me that."

"Bye bye Knives."

"Peter I swear to go-"

He hung up.