Chapter 3: The fight between Nightmare and Dream

A/N This is the continuation of the first chapter

Dream POV

How did Nightmare dodge my attack?! And how is he now as tall as me?! I just saw him yesterday and he was still short! And what was the thing near his eye? Nightmare suddenly took out his staff and hit me hard. I fell hard and I can't believe that I am bleeding. It's just one hit! "What's wrong Dream? Gone weaker already?" he asked. He walked over to me when I was still down. He choked me and dragged me up the wall. A lot of people were screaming their lungs out and running away from where they were standing, just causing chaos making Nightmare a lot stronger. I wasn't able to call any soldiers. There was one JR soldier around but he was a coward and ran away.

Nightmare POV

Pffft, they call Dream their leader but he can barely protect himself! He's way weaker than before and now he can barely escape me! But he suddenly kicked me and I slided to the back. I tried to summon my staff, but I got a scythe instead. Fine by me! I ran towards Dream and he summoned his claymore to protect himself and blocked my attack. It didn't take long until he got weaker and start to bend down a bit. Pathetic. I jumped back making him think I was also getting tired. He gave himself a little break and I kicked him to a wall where he bleeded a lot more. I got closer to him but he decides to be a coward and teleports somewhere most probably in his castle.

Dream POV || Time skip to when he got partly healed but not even 25%

I couldn't stop thinking about what Nightmare had on his face. Some black substance? I think I'm just seeing things. And since when did he get this violent, agile, and tall?! I have so many questions! Starting with what is he doing in the center of the kingdom alone?! I layed on the bed in the hospital wing for a few hours and saw Blue in another bed. He was badly injured and had burn marks all over him. Then I saw a mark under his right eye socket. It was red and looks like what a HACK knife could do. This looks like what Cross and Error would do... but why and how?

Something isn't right with the meme squad. Once so helpless and now so violent. I can barely sit up because of all the bruises Nightmare gave me. "Sir, you really need to rest!" The nurse said. "I'll cancel all your meetings and work for a few weeks for you to fully recover. Bruises like these are really hard to heal." All I could do was do what Blue did. Fall asleep.

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 480 (sorry for the short chapter)