Chapter One

Monday 27th October, 1957

Andy McMiller lived a comfortable life. She had a wife, and kids, she worked an easy job, and she lived in quite a nice house. She had dealt with her toxic mother, and her sister quite calmly. She took her kids to school before work, and came home late evenings to be greeted by her beautiful wife, Rose.

Rose was unlike any other woman Andy had ever met. She remembered the first day they had made eye contact. Eye contact turned into friends, friends turned into dating, dating turned into an official relationship, relationship turned to marriage and  marriage had turned to a family. Andy doubted that anything could happen to their love and trusted Rose with her whole heart. 

That is, until that night. That night she had found Rose kissing another. Andy did not burst in, shouting angrily, and instead went downstairs to cook Rose some dinner for a talk. When Rose came down eventually, smiling, she saw Andy sitting at the table, her face pale and unsmiling. Rose sat down too.

"Something wrong, love? You looked like you've seen a ghost!"

Andy looked at her.

"Rose, darling.. Do you.. still love me..?"

Rose looked at her in panic.

"Of course I do..!"

Andy stood up, and simply looked at Rose.

"You're lying.. I saw you kiss them, Rose. Am I doing something wrong..? If you wanted a divorce or a break you could've just told me.."

Rose went silent. Andy sighed.

"You can take the kids if you want. They'll be better off with their Mama. Rose, I'm so sorry darling, but I don't think we can do this anymore.."

"It was just one, I mean-"

"Rose, enough. How can I trust you with "It was just one"?!"

"Well-"

"Rose, ENOUGH." Andy glared at Rose. "I suggest you go to live with your mother again. I have a job here."

"... Fine."