Welcome To Wonderland

I found this story in the comments section of Welcome To Wonderland and I think it's amazing. 

The original author is Katsuki Bakugo.

A little girl runs from home, unsure of why, getting lost in a forest, she falls, hitting her head and knocking herself out. She wakes up, hungry and tired. She tries to find a food source, not wanting to her the wildlife. After trying to survive for a week, she's weak, tired, scared, and hungry. She's about to give up, going to sleep she takes what she hoped would be her final breath. 

She wakes up later, only to see a boy there, sitting, waiting for her to wake up. She begins crying, screaming at and hitting the boy while he embraces her, kneeling, not letting her leave yet. 

 After a while, she calms down, to weak to keep fighting him, instead she just leans into his chest, crying and hiccuping. He stands, leaving her kneeling, looking up, wondering if he was going to leave her too. Instead, she sees the boy looking down at her with warm, welcoming eyes, and a kind smile on his lips. He holds out a hand for her to take. 

 She takes his hand, he leads her to a beautiful clearing, to a burrow, motioning for her to follow him down, still clutching his hand, she follows. 

 He leads her down the burrow, to Wonderland, he begins saying the opening, walking her through a small town, meeting The White Rabbit, The Cheshire cat, The Mad Hatter, and the others in the story, they go through the tea party, through the castle. 

 No one seems to acknowledge the boy she was walking with, looking right through him. 

 They stay together throughout her whole journey, never leaving each other's sides, until one day. 

 It was nearly a year since they'd arrived together, but, "Nothing good can last." The boy says, tears in his eyes. He tells her that tomorrow will be their last day together, that they'd both have to go soon, that he'd miss her. Crying, the girl hugs the boy who'd showed her all of the wonders of wonderland, sobbing just as she did the day he'd saved her. 

 On their last night together, the boy reaches to his right then left ears, reaching below his shaggy hair, he produces two, soft teal, gleaming earrings, the color of his eyes, they're in the shapes of perfect spades, rimmed in gold. Holding them in his left hand, he takes her hands in his, before, embracing her, causing her shoulder to soak through with his tears. 

 He wipes he bleary eyes, looking deep into hers, burning them into his mind forever. He says to keep his earrings, as a reminder of him. And even if she forgets him, he'll never forget her. 

 She puts them on. Saying her last goodbye. 

 That night, she doesn't fall asleep first, instead she watches as he closes his eyes for the last time she'll see. When he does, he simply... disappears, fading out in a faint light. She starts crying, it was like she'd lost family. She'd not had pierced ears, so she had no way of keeping the earrings. She places them on her desk. She cries herself to sleep. 

 Awakening from her slumber, she sees a hospital room. The white walls, the IV in her arm, the cot she was on, the windows to high to see anything out of. No earrings. Earrings? She didn't remember where she'd gotten them. Instead going back to sleep. 

 She forgets about the man, until years later, she finds a small package addressed to her on her doorstep. In it, a small box and a note. She opens the note, it reads: 

"It seems you dropped these along the way... I told you that I'd never forget you, even if you forgot me. Oh how you've grown, and I've been here the whole time, watching over you, protecting you. I must go, however, for there are more lost souls, more broken people. I'll never forget you. 

 ~ an old memory"

 She begins to tear up, taking out the earrings at putting them on her now pierced ears, catching a figure behind her, smiling warmly, crying eyes, waving good bye. She raises it, a vain attempt at catching the boy again. Before letting out a shaky sigh and putting on the earring. 

 She feels a final, warm, ghost of a hug. Before she feels no one else with her, no more magic lingering in the air. Aside from her old, forgotten earrings, the color of his eyes.