The Darkness Returns

......Seven miles outside Coastal City......
Vakatarus: "The time has finally come to once again plunge this pitiful planet into complete and total darkness."
He says with malevolent intent in his voice.
A portal to the physical world opens and
Vakatarus slowy emerges from the Dimension of the Damned to continue his reign of chaos.
Vakatarus: "At last...I am finally free of this accursed realm and to reap my vengeance upon Jackson Le Tontione."
Vakatarus: "But first things first. I must drain the essence of a living mortal to regain my strength. Where should I start?"
He starts moving around the edges of Coastal City and finds unaware yak furry sitting on the side of a road playing two drums in front of a small crowd.
Vakatarus: "Hmm, now that looks delicious."
He dives downward, frightening the crowd and captures the street performing yak."
Street Performing Yak: "What is the big idea?"
Vakatarus: "Oh nothing much, just to batch of your essence. Prepare to be drained and devoid of life!"
Vakatrus: "Grr... yes! Strength is returning. Yes! Power be mine! Hahahahaha!"
He laughs with malice and tosses the yak furry's lifeless husk to the side of the road.
Vakatarus: "I'm starting to feel like my old self again. After draining a few more of these worthless mortals, I shall return to my full power."
Vakatarus: "Perhaps, even start with an attack on the one place where my exile began with a new army."
He discreetly and quickly goes through Glassbec in search of loyal followers that could help him in dominating Earth.
Vakatarus: "It seems as if this town has been picked clean of warriors. Guess I'm going to Coastal City. Hahahahahaha!"
He searches again throughout the night and sees the Golden Jackals and the Blackjaw Hyenas in combat.
Demetrio Bázon: "Why don't you Golden Jackals simply surrender? You won't survive this!"
Santo Branford: "I already told you lousy bone biters that the Golden Jackals will never give up this territory!"
The battle rages on between both factions as Vakatarus watched to see who wins.
......A little later......
Casualties piled much higher on the Golden Jackals side of the battle and the Blackjaw Hyena Gang was nearing victory.
Demetrio: "Hahahaha! Keep it going boys! We got them on the run!"
Santo led as many of his jackal furries to safety as much as he could, but the losses were too great.
Santo: "Get everyone else out of Downtown and into our safe house near Grapevine Villa!"
Golden Jackal Gangster: "But sir? What about the women and children?"
Santo: "What part of get everyone out, did you not understand? Go now."
The gunfire gets closer as the other Golden Jackals members leave the battlefield with their loved ones out of the city.
Vakatarus: "Hehe, interesting. With the combined forces of these factions, I could use them as part of my army."
The dark spirit rises above the open battlefield, shakes the earth beneath them. Two streetlights fell in the middle of the warring gangs."
Demetrio: "What the heck? Hold your fire!"
The hyena and jackal furries look up to the sky and see Vakatarus' menacing appearance.
Santo: "What are you?"
Vakatarus: "Call me... Vakatarus. The Harbinger of Chaos! The Bringer of Darkness, the Renegade of Mischief, and the Lord of Destruction! Muhahaha!"
Demetrio: "What do want with us?"
Vakatarus: "I am here to build an army and you crews seem to have the muscle I require to tear this world to pieces."
Demetrio: "What's in it for us?"
Santo: "Yeah! What do we get out of this?"
Vakatarus: "I will allow you and your groups to live and rule what's left when I'm done."
The rival factions thought it over and realized they could expand their territories beyond Coastal City.
Demetrio: "Alright. It's a deal. You have our support."
Santo: "Yeah, having more space does sound promising."
Vakatarus: "Excellent. Now get moving and meet up in the Accreton Forest at dawn."
The Blackjaw Hyenas and the Golden Jackals declare a truce until they take over everything.
......Meanwwhile at CCTF headquarters......
Jackson is checked in by security and meets up with Captain Reidenhaiver and another task force operative in the main lobby.
Jackson: "Captain Reidenhaiver, I presume."
Cpt. Reidenhaiver: "Ahh, yes. You are correct. This way please. There is little time waste."
Jackson: "Right. So where is Kavinozo being questioned?"
Cpt. Reidenhaiver: "Here he is, interrogation Room 11."
Jackson: "Thanks."
Cpt. Reidenhaiver: "Also, the commissioner and I will be in the observation room."
Jackson: "So I am handling an interrogation alone?"
Cpt. Reidenhaver: "Oh no, no, no, definitely not. You'll have backup in case Kavinozo tries something. Lieutenant Kamara!"
Lt. Kamara: "Yes, Captain?"
Cpt. Reidenhaiver: "See to it that Kavinozo does not cause any problems in room 11."
Lt. Kamara: "Yes, sir."
Lt. Kamara: "Hello, Mr. Tontione. I heard about your heroic adventures when I was high school."
Jackson: "Hehe, guilty as charged. I just did the right thing whenever I saw or felt something was wrong."
Lt. Kamara: "Wow, you are as noble as they say."
Jackson: "That's right. But enough about me. What does Kavinozo know about Vakatarus returning?"
Lt. Kamara: "He knows a lot more than he's telling us. That is why the commissioner said that you should question him."
Jackson: "He's definitely afraid of me after I defeated him and his cohorts."
Lt. Kamara: "Oh good then this shouldn't take too long."
The pair enter the holding room with Kavinozo chained to the table.
Lt. Kamara: "Mr. Snapmeyer."
Kavinozo: "Urvasi Kamara, the irritating lieutenant."
Lt. Kamara: "Watch your mouth inmate! This is your new interrogator."
Kavinozo: "Jackson Tontione. How's the kid doing?"
Jackson: "Don't even mention his name or I'll resort to other methods for the interrogation. Do you understand?"
Kavinozo: "So testy. What are you gonna do? Use your powers on me again?"
Jackson: "I honestly don't, but I will do it if I have to get the truth out of you. Now tell me what you know about Vakatarus returning."
Kavinozo: "Vakatarus is probably back already. Hahahahaha! Cause I summoned him by saying an ancient chant."
He laughs with hysterical glee.
Jackson: "How do I stop him or least send him back to the Dimension of the Damned?"
Kavinozo: "Hehehe, you can't stop Vakatarus. He's probably on his way to destroy oppressive establishments, such as this one."
Jackson uses his spirit power to lift Kavinozo up off the chair.
Jackson: "I'm not amused Kavinozo! Where is he now?"
Kavinozo: "Haha! Think carefully and you'll find out."
Jackson uses his power to crack his restraints and crushes one of Kavinozo's paw digits.
Kavinozo: "Ahhh! Dang it!"
Jackson: "Want to try that again?"
Kavinozo: "Screw you!"
Jackson: "Where is he?" (yells)
Kavinozo: "He's coming to break me and the other Akosi out after he recruits the Golden Jackals and the Blackjaw Hyena Clan!"
Jackson: "How?"
Kavinozo: "A dimensional rift where he peaks through, and he told me his plan. Not even you can stop him once this place comes tumbling down."
Jackson: "Do you know what you've bought upon this city?"
Kavinozo just laughs mischievously.
Commissioner Talvenger: "Alright, that's it. Lieutenant, lock this guy up."
Lt. Kamara: "Come on scum bag. Back to your cell."
Kavinozo: "The new world order is coming! Then you all will be begging for your lives when the harbinger of chaos arrives! Hahahaha!"
Lt. Kamara tosses him into his cell and reinforces multi-magnetic locks on the door.
Jackson looks at him with disappointment walks back to the lobby with the task force officials.
Jackson: "Such arrogance. I never thought that anyone was so foolish to aid that monster's release."
Lt. Kamara: "We all wish for full peace, Jackson."
Jackson: "I have been helping the task force for ten years in Glassbec, Coastal City, Arkson City, and many other towns across the region."
Jackson: "I was hoping that maybe it would stop the criminal element completely."
Lt. Kamara comforts him.
Lt. Kamara: "You cannot bear it all alone. That is why I think you'd make a great addition to our team. Analyzation, observation, and response time make a huge difference after finding evidence."
Jackson: "I can't do that Lieutenant. I have a company to run."
Lt. Kamara: "We do have part-time night shifts available if you are interested."
Jackson: "I will think about it. Thank you, Lieutenant."
Lt. Kamara: "You're welcome, Jackson."
Jackson: "Also, thank you for letting me know, Captain."

Cpt. Reidenhaiver: "Yes. Have a goodnight Mr. Tontione."
Jackson exits CCTF headquarters and drives back home.
He parks his car and enters the Tontione mansion.
Jackson: "Tacci? I am back!"
He activated the mansion's lockdown protocols.
Taciana: "Up here, baby!"
Jackson: "Are the kids done with their homework?"
Taciana: "Yeah! They are all in bed!"
Jackson: "Good!"
He heads up to the master bedroom and gets into bed.
Jackson: "Finally... some rest."
Taciana comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her waist and notices Jackson fast asleep.
Taciana: "My buff and busy hunk of a husband."
She smirks at his sleeping figure before changing into her night robe; followed by snuggling and dozing close to him.

Author's Note: "With Vakatarus free? What will happen now? Will Jackson be ready for his newest scheme? Find out in the next chapter of this story."