Her Traces

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, events, living or dead is purely coincidence.

---

"Good afternoon Ladies, and Gentlemen. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight PR 720 to Manila, Philippines. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. First to board are passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, for our second, business class, and diamond card members, you may board at your own leisure. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

after that announcement, I fixed myself and turned my phone into airplane-mode so that I wont do it later at the plane, I also grab my aviator sunglasses, this was gifted to me by my aunt Sandra when I graduated in College, years ago. Yes I'm transparent with how old I am, but I'm still on my earliest thirties and other people says life begins at 40s , I'm not rushing anything, I actually enjoying my life right now, and my flying career.

I walk to the near spot towards our gate, as looking from the other passengers earlier, we're maybe 150 to 300 plus maybe, or more, I'm not so sure. What I'm focused now is my excitement, I can't wait to rest finally, my lower back is suddenly hurting now, and I don't know why.

I miss Philippines, I've been in U.S and other countries to take care of my flying career, and now I'm back to finally surprise my dad's workplace, I know by now pinaguusapan na nila ang pagbabalik ko, o pag papakita ko, I've been watching the company but I am not there physically, dad's there physically so I am not to worry, plus, they are letting me know about the progress of every project, future plans, and etc. via emails, skype, or zoom meetings.

"moma, we're seeing tita ganda soon right?!" I heard a kid somewhere near me. Her voice is so cute, I'm a type of person who is fond of kids because I'm a tito already.

"yes, baby girl, so wait patiently, okay? Don't go near her yet when you see her, because she's busy with her work later, but! Be sure to smile at her when you see her, okay?". A lady said, I saw them upfront, the kid is so cute.

"why just smile, can't I hug her? I miss her so much~~". The little girl is pouting already, Oh gosh to see her entire face, baka laruin ko pa yung bata.

"no baby, that's not allowed while tita ganda is working, baka pagalitan siya, and we don't want that right?". Maybe her aunt is a crew on this flight.

"yes po. I'll be a good girl for her, but I hope she's well when we see her later. Sana walang bad guy or bad girl, so tita ganda will be happy serving the passengers!". She's a thoughtful kid, I'm getting curious about her tita ganda, they're so close. they have a good relationship, so I'll assume she's fond of kids as well.

"of course baby, she can do it, do you remember, she have power smile, so let's smile brightly later okieee!?" How cute can this kid be~~

that cute voice and calling to her aunt, it felt nostalgic for me, I wonder how is she doing now?