Missed the glimpes

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, events, living or dead is purely coincidence.

---

This part of the story is edited. From this part of the story is edited, sorry and thank you for your patience with me, as a writer I am still on my learning stage, and as I take my course (tourism), I learned some facts about airlines, being a flight stewardess, plus its basic rules and some major rules from my professors, who is an ex-flight stewardess/attendant. Now, on my part, I choose to correct those wrong scenarios on my story so you'll have the right knowledge as well as my readers. I hope you you'll still fly with me.

-----

Malalim na buntong-hininga ang narinig ko mula sa handler ko bago siya nagsalita. "Miss Villafuerte, sorry but its a no, I'm not mad but I'm starting to get annoyed and worried about you, napaka tigas ng ulo mo at your age!" His voice was a little loud, nagulat ako but I just composed myself, after all I know in myself that he's more right rather me.

"Kung di kita bibigayan ng vacation leave nang sapilitan baka di mo na kayanin Miss Villafuerte." he looked at me with his disappointed eyes and exhales a loud breath once again. "look at your body! you loose weight drastically, compared last year! You smile, yes but your eyes are tired, I can see it through you!" He pointed at me, but I understand it, his face is red, and his eyes are worried. "Last Christmas break, you did your work, all Christmas holiday you're outside of the country, then pag may emergency you choose to be standby sa quarters lagi yan, untill now, worry about your health at least, I was called by your mom, and she's worried about you, tita is worried ija, you were answering their calls but you're not seeing them, they miss you ija, they want to see you at least." sumandal siya sa kaniyang swavel chair habang dahan-dahang hinihilot ang kaniyang sentido, tsaka tumingi'ng muli sa akin, kita ko ang pag-aalala sa mga mata niyang nakatuon sa akin.

"I'm your handler from the very start ija, because of your dad, I became fond of you, your mom, pleases me with words, and I know you personally, you know, I know all of my people well, I saw your dedication and passion to your job through the years that you're here, and that definitely paid off nicely, because look at you now." He's indeed knows me personally, and thanks to him I strived more to be on where I am today. "You are flying with us for years now and you're a dedicated one, I cannot deny that, and I definitely will not because you're bringing the Pacific Air's pride already for almost seven years now, and counting, and your body would probably immune to this kind of work because you work non-stop Miss Villafuerte--"

"Sir, I really don't want to rest yet, may shifting naman kaya di problema ang pagod, kailangan ko pumasok lalo na ngayon, it's already Ber-months, maraming taoang buma-byahe paalis at papasok ng bansa, kukulangin tayo sa tao, I'm worried about--" I'm really commited at my work, di ko kayang magpahinga, nasanay na ako, I want to be busy para maiwan ko din ang pag iisip ng kung ano-ano, I don't want any distractions, I have a family to attend to, my parents and sibling, their school, and maintenance of my parents health, and this is the only thing that keeps me going aside from my family and trusted friends in and outside my work.

"Miss Villafuerte." medyo kinilabutan ako sa matalim na tingin ni Sir Leonel sa akin, halatang nagtitimping sigawan ako. "Be worried about yourself and rest, that's an order from me, since you like to work, let's put up with this, I'm ordering you to take some leave and fly wherever you want to go." His voice is full of authority. Para akong sinampal sa sinabi niyang iyon, hindi ko na kasi inaalala ang sarili ko at puro nalang ako trabaho. "I will give you a month to rest and use that time to rest yourself from everything, from your work mainly!" he pointed once again at me.