08

There's a little cave that they pull the ship into. Minghao says it will be harder to get it out versus being in the docks, but this way they could go by undetected. He wanted to be cautious and keep out of the guards views. Or anyone looking to force them to leave before they could. Plus, this way they were out of the rain, and after the fall, he couldn't have gotten out of it faster. Relief would be an understatement.

Now they have to wait for Hoshi to return and inform them about any damage. Minghao insisted he go to medbay to see for any injuries, but he persisted; he would wait until they heard what Hoshi found.

"It needs repairs," he says, climbing on board again. Wiping his hands against his pants, he lowers his head before looking back up. "Professional repairs. We're going to need to head into town."

Minghao looks at him, prepared to say something when Hoshi smiles. It's an action that seems to make him second guess whatever he's about to say, and it's clear that while he hasn't been on the ship as long as the others, there's an understanding between them. An unspoken communication that occurs in that single moment.

"I'll be back soon with more information." That's the last exchange of words between them before he's making his way back off the ship. Dino turns around as soon as he's gone, staring accusingly at Minghao.

"You're going to let him go alone?"

Minghao barely bats an eye. "It's safer than going with the whole lot of us," he responds smoothly. "Especially with a more well-known face such as any of us."

"He never really goes into town," Vernon pipes in with a reminder. "And he hasn't been with us as long as we've been together. He's a lot safer alone than with the rest of us."

The surprise on his face morphs into something akin to understanding, his lips pressing together tightly. It's the only hint of acknowledgement he gives way to before he's turning around and heading down to the lower deck.

Woozi watches quietly, debating whether him saying anything would have helped. Though of course, he barely has time to dwell on it as Minghao steps over, brooding and intimidating (or at least, that's what he thinks other people would see it as. Somehow, he barely flinches when they make eye contact alone.) He tilts his head and it takes a moment longer than it should before he realizes it's a gesture; when Minghao starts walking, he realizes and follows diligently.

He knocks thrice on the door before Dino peaks his head out, door slightly ajar. "Sir?"

"Woozi got hurt during the storm," he explains. He expects there to be more to follow, but that's where it ends. Minghao leaves shortly after while Dino ushers Woozi in with extra care.

"Have a seat."

"Are you okay?"

Dino's head whips around, eyes wide in surprise that as much as he tries to think, he can't understand. He doesn't think there's much to his question other than curiosity. They don't exchange any words as Dino walks over and holds out a hand. Woozi places wrist in Dino's hand and watches as the bandage is carefully unfolded.

"Scratched right through the bandage," he notes aloud.

He takes Woozi's hands into his own, carefully turning it over to assess any injuries that may have appeared. His eyes analyze with such focus that Woozi wonders whether this was always the idea for his profession. It's as he's turning it with his wrist facing upward that he stops what he's doing. His brows are pinched together, as if for the first time noting the black mark on Woozi's wrist.

Only it's not a mark, but a symbol, he realizes when he follows Dino's gaze and inspects it more closely. The last time, he hadn't had an opportunity to look at it.