02 | Desideratum

- HIRAETH TWO -
| DESIDERATUM |
n. something that is needed or wanted

- · · - · · -
Atsushi Nakajima
October 25 - 4:10 AM
- · · - · · -

"WHAT.. just happened..?" That was the thought on top of Atsushi's head.

Just a while ago, two members of this organization called the Port Mafia came barging in and claiming the boy in front of him to be an experiment escapee.

Before Atsushi could even process the events, a gun fired at him. Shutting his eyes closed at the mere fright of death, he was hit with nothing.

"And who the hell told you to kill him?" Chuuya grunted, covering the young boy as a red aura surrounded him.

Atsushi's eyes widened when he noticed the bullet was stopped midway into the older boy's body. But how? Is that even possible? What's that aura? Why did the bullet suddenly stop?

"And that proves it, you are indeed Nakahara. The very vessel of Arahabaki." The old man said, "We've come to retrieve you."

Chuuya tapped his foot impatiently, "And you think I'll just go to your damn carriage and surrender myself? What are you? Idiots?"

"O-Of course not...! Our plan is simply something you can't comprehend, y..you little shrimp!" The woman declared.

"What did you just call me, asshole?" Chuuya's aura oozed more than it should be.

"A shrimp. What else can a small brat be?"

"First, you try to kill him. Second, you want to kidnap and probably enslave me. And then third, shitting third, you call me a fucking SHRIMP?!" He snapped, "Let me insert this to your goddamn stupid brain - I'm only eleven years old, I'm still growing!"

The woman started firing her gun as the buff man was waving around his chains, lashing the dim surroundings.

Chuuya kicked the incoming bullets and dodged the chains hitting the younger boy. The gunshots were sent directly on the woman's forehead and entire body. Quick on his feet, he carried Atsushi far away from the older man.

The fight only sped up when the man had hit Chuuya but luckily had his ability active, "Shit! That still fucking hurts, ya'know?"

The redhead and the old man being connected through the chain, he activated his ability once more and crushed the enemy to the ground.

Shattering bones and his yelp of pain echoed through the two kids' ears. It almost felt like they were watching someone being skinned alive.

"Nakahara-san..?" Atsushi gripped on his clothes.

--

Chuuya Nakahara
Ability: Upon the Tainted Sorrow

--

"Uh-huh, that's me. Chuuya Nakahara!" He grabbed both the boy's hands and stared at his eyes, "And you?"

"Atsushi.. Nakajima.." He mumbled, almost inaudible. He still didn't have time to process everything.

"Atsushi-kun, huh? Hmm.. I feel like you have nowhere to go too, eh?" Chuuya's hand flew to his chin, "Aha! I know, you can come with me if you like - not that I'm forcing you to." He turned away, a small blush appearing on his face.