07 | Insouciant

- HIRAETH SEVEN -
| INSOUCIANT |
adj. Free from anxiety

- · · - · · -

Chuuya Nakahara
October 26 - 2:28 AM

---

SPEECHLESS. Silent. Guilty and Gloom. That was what Chuuya was enduring in the current moments he had set himself in.

But even so, he had this warm feeling inside of him. He never wanted to admit it, but this emotion he had never felt so strongly before that tiger incident, he wants to keep it to himself. It was something he desired, that may be Atsushi could be one of the few things he could live for.

But-! That has to wait. Apparently, this boy named Dazai keeps pestering Chuuya. He simply asked the redhead basic information but suddenly began laughing as if he was gonna die out of losing breath.

"I can't believe we're the same age!" Dazai laughed, comedically pointing his forehead.

"Huh?! What that's supposed to mean?!"

"We haven't hit puberty yet but I'm already inches taller than you! They could've called you the Shrimp Rogue!!"

"You fucking mackerel! Take that back!"

"The words I've uttered can't be taken back. All you gotta do is just accept it." He shrugged, playing with the empty juice glass.

"I've just met you but you're pissing me off a lot more than Mr. Fancy Hat did."

"Thank you!"

The redhead clicked his tongue before turning away, this brown-haired bastard is really getting on his nerves. They may just be simple insults but one of what Chuuya hates the most is his height being called out.

Suddenly, a tall figure came to the both of them and Dazai was ordered to do his job elsewhere. The two sat there, in utter silence.

"I apologize, Chuuya, on my own and on Rampo's behalf." Fukuzawa bowed a little, his long white hair falling over his face.

"No.. I'm sorry for.. being so reckless. I'm sure Ranpo-san has some kind of plan to make it work out like Akiko-chan said, but I blew it and stormed off." He stuttered, embarrassed of how he's been treating these people.

"While that may be true," The President says, handing him a glass of tea, "We still tried to manipulate your personal circumstances. If there's any possibility to, I want to help in any way I can."

Chuuya looked around the newly cleaned Detective Agency Office. He can't possibly ask him to aid in an escape, where would they go anyways? He also can't just ask him to let them stay without anything in exchange, it's as if they went to a shop to buy those things that are free and then nonchalantly leave the shop.

"Then," The redhead smirked, "I want to be part of the agency!"

"Wait- no way..?!" Dazai panicked from the other room, not wanting this tiny man to be in the same agency as his.

But of course, to say Fukuzawa was shocked was an understatement. Even if he was glad by the decision, he assumed this was forced within himself. "But did you not want to be here?"

"After being back in the slums, I figured it'd be harder if there's two of us. Plus, I don't think Atsushi ever wanted to leave in the first place." Chuuya claimed, looking at the window outside. He could only remember how freezing cold it was and he did not want to be in that situation ever again. Never again.