Jouno

highschool au; requested <3
-

It was one of those meetings that happen every year in your school in which a couple of kids from yours meet a couple others from another, in another city. You happen to be one of the top class' student and this gave you the possibility of going in this type of trip. Of course, you weren't as talkative as the others, nor you knew them as they know each other, but it didn't matter... at the end of the day it was quite an unique experience, that can happen multiple times, so it can't really be unique but, depends on the kid really.

This time it was a trip to Yokohama. You never searched something about it but you did hear it a couple of times in geography class. It was pretty nerve-racking, were you capable enough to be there? Was it pure luck or perhaps were you good enough? It wasn't clear until next day when you stepped in the unfamiliar school along with the others and of course the professor who hosted this year event. The hallways were decorated with colored papers with the inscription welcome and in the corners, there were balloons and pretty much what'd you find in a birthday party surprise, except food and presents. It was very neat unlike in your school, it was embarassing actually.

As you all were walking down the corridor, another group of students and three teachers were there to greet us all. As you don't speak japanese, nor do they speak your language (a/n:sorry english and japanese speakers), both groups had to speak in english.

"Ah, welcome, welcome." one of the proffesors said with a wide smile.

You all shook hands and introduced yourselves until you had to shake hands with this guy, white haired with an earring that framed his face just well, and with a smile that brought sunshines in any dark room.

"Jouno. And you are...?" he asked and you now just noticed his eyes were closed. Was he always keeping them like that?

"Y/N L/N. Great to meet you." you said back also smiling.

Deep down he sensed that smile on your face, along with the rapid heartbeats in your chest. He could easily tell you were nervous and perhaps in doubt. He still felt the delicate hands he touched not a minute ago. He wondered how you look.

Later on, after a boring talk, you all made a school tour. From tomorrow, you'll all attend some of the classes here and there and make a report about them, so you had to know where to go exactly. It's not that you weren't prepared, but you'll all have to give a test in their style at the end of the week which gave you a slight heart attack. Of course, it wouldn't be a hard one but it won't be an easy one either, so you had to also analyze their lesson style.

After being informed about the schedule, you all parted ways. The teachers went in one corner of the hallway talking nonsense, and the rest making friends with the others in another corner. You, on the other hand, sat on a chair that was there and looked at the both groups having their chit-chat. It did make you slightly sad that you were the one that has no one to talk to nor the talent of starting a conversation with someone but that feeling changed once you heard your name being shouted.

"Y/N?!" shouted no other than Jouno.

"Yes?" you responded, looking towards him.

He was in the crowd for a bit until he realised that you weren't there, and it deranged him. Once he heard your voice coming from another part of the hallway, without a doubt, he went in that direction. For sure, Jouno wasn't a fan of too many sounds but he could easily stutter if he heard yours.

"Is everything alright? Why are you not joining the group?" he asked, not very aware of the fact that you weren't an extrovert as the others are.

"Oh no, no. I'm good here." was all it took for him to understand.