[🍬] fourteen

the moment jeongguk rolls into his street and pulls up along the front of his house, his eyes narrow in confusion as he spots a burley looking man standing on their front porch, banging on the door. he decides to park on the road rather than the driveway and climbs out of his car - taehyung not being too far behind as he stations his vehicle across from his.

jeongguk ambles up to the stranger, keeping a decent distance between the both of them. "what are you doing?" he yells out and swallows thickly the second the man turns around.

he has fury burning deep in his thin eyes like an ember. the anger is evident, rippling beneath his skin. his fingers curl into fists at his sides and his knuckles whiten, further demonstrating his evil temptations.

soon taehyung is beside jeongguk, peering up at the man standing a rough couple meters away from the both of them. "what's his issue? do you know this guy?" he whispers into his ear.

the brunette shakes his head. "i have no idea, but he doesn't look happy," he mumbles.

"myung-hee is a fucking whore who owes me money. that explanation enough?" the man grits and his already keen complexion only seems to sharpen further in seething anger.

jeongguk's jaw stiffens and twitches. his fingernails dig into the plush of his palms. nobody talks about his mother like that. no one.

"and how about you watch your fucking mouth? my mom doesn't owe you anything, you sick fuck," the brunette barks back.

taehyung briefly clings to his arm. "jeongguk, you're going to make things worse. let's just call the cops—"

jeongguk interrupts taehyung with the simple action of shrugging his touch away. "go check on my mom and make sure she's okay."

"jeongguk—"

"i said go, taehyung!"

taehyung's eyes flit to and from every corner of the confrontation with conflict in his big eyes. he's pulling on his bottom lip roughly and isn't given any moment to think the outcomes over. while the big man is distracted, the red haired boy darts past him and unlocks the keypad, slipping into the house.

jeongguk is fuming with anger - perhaps now even with more anger than the man standing in front of him. he isn't exactly too sure what he wants or what his intentions are. but he seems adamant and so that means the brunette must be the same.

"so you're her kid, huh? i guess you'll have to suffice," the man states lowly.

the teenager's skin prickles with fear however he forces himself to keep that part of himself hidden as the man approaches. he's looking deeply into his eyes and isn't at all prepared for the fist that comes in collision with his stomach, forcing him onto his knees.

jeongguk coughs roughly as he cradles his abdomen, feeling the wind being knocked out of him. it isn't long before he's kicked in the stomach and lands on his side, convulsing.

"i told you she owes me my fucking money," he heaves.

the teenager groans heavily and rolls onto his back, staring up at the man who towers over him with hate in his eyes. police sirens are going off in the distance and to make one last point, he's struck square in the face by an angry fist.

it isn't too long after that that the man is taking off on foot, darting away from the scene. jeongguk is grunting in pain, attempting to soothe every ache in his body at once but it simply isn't possible. the front door of his house opens and he can hardly hear it as his ears are ringing.

taehyung is by his side, helping him up to his feet. the red haired boy helps him into the house and as soon as they're inside, jeongguk is eased onto the couch, laying supine.