Chapter 37

I sit beside him in the theater as he works. I am doing homework and I'm on my phone. Mostly on my phone. I notice his smile in the corner of my eye.

"Why are you smiling?"

"You're wearing my jumper."

I smile, "I happen to like this sweater very much your not getting it back."

"Aw, what Avery, we can't share it?"

The way he speaks makes me smile and feel warm inside. The way my name floats off his tongue makes my skin form goosebumps. He is the coolness in the heat that I crave.

My phone rings pulling me from my thoughts. "Oh, it's my mom."

"Good maybe now you can tell her..." He responds at the new customer that's come up for snacks and I answer the call.

"Mom."

"Avery where are you? You were supposed to come home after school. I can't keep up with all the coming and going. Even Chen doesn't know where you are."

I clamp my hands over my eyes, "Uh okay mom. I'll be home soon."

"Tell me where you are, Avery."

Zayn continues where he left off, "Tell her that I want to finally meet her."

"Who is that?" My mom asks.

"Mom I'll be home soon."

"Avery who-" I cut her off.

"I'll be hom-" She cuts me off in return.

"Avery and when you get here you better start explaining. I don't like these secrets."

I hang up and give Zayn an apologetic smile. He leans down and kisses my lips. His lips are soft and cool and I just wish I could stay here and not have to face the wrath of my mother. But I knew this would happen eventually.

"Tell her..." He says his eyes pleading.

"I'll see you later." I tell him a I grab my bag to go. "When do you get off?"

"Like 9."

"Okay." I start to walk off and glancing back at him I smile at the man that seems to make me happy. He makes me forget all of my issues. He helps me and he doesn't even know. He smirks sending me a wink. And that simple very sexy gesture makes my fingertips buzz. I send him a wave and blow him a kiss. He rolls his eyes like he's to cool to catch blown kisses.

And I leave into the brisk autumn winds. My hair blows around as I make my way to the bus stop. Hands grip at my side forcing me to turn I almost scream and cry until the familiarity of his lips touch mine. The buzzing roams my body and forces me to laugh out a well needed laugh. I laugh even harder as he pulls back.

He smiles, "I needed to do that." He adds, "Smile when you leave me baby. Don't frown. Its your smile I need to see."

I smile again, "Okay."

He grips my chin, "Good. Now go."

He nods as the bus screeches to a halt. I kiss his lips quickly before running for the bus. I send him another smile and hurry to board the bus. The door of the bus opens and it's crowded. I stand regretting not taking my car. I hold as the bus moves and I gaze out the window thinking of him.

Zayn.

Looking into the streets as the bus goes through and I see HIM. It's him I know it. The inside of my chest races at the thought. I know I seen him. The bus comes to a stop. As people are coming out I go deeper into the bus looking out the windows. I see the blonde hair and thick build. It's him, I know that walk.