Wattpad Original
There are 51 more free parts

Chapter 33

Severance lay flat on his stomach. He hadn't thought it possible, but he was almost as bad at push-ups in Eliona as he was in real life. It was a lot easier to hold the proper form in this body, but he only managed about ten before his arms gave out.

He rolled onto his back and stared up at the small bit of blue peeking through the trees. Why was he doing this again? Oh, right. Because Awesome Dude wasn't online yet, and he didn't feel like venturing out into Ervante-infested territory.

It would have been more fun to go on a leveling spree with Awesome Dude, even if it was just running around trees or doing somersault tag, which was a very strange Dude invention that was as fun as it was ridiculous. Besides, other players had begun doing similar things to level up. There was a group that regularly gathered in town and did nothing but calisthenics for hours on end. It was kind of funny to see how Elionans reacted to such a spectacle.

Severance's attention flickered to a System window that floated nearby. It wasn't often that he opened the World Chat, but he was bored enough to be curious about what other players were chatting about.

Quintens: Where did everyone go?

Frigerator: LOL, they ditched you

Quintens: Yo, ten. Where you at?

Yikes: Need two more for raid

AshlynnLovesAll: Trading boots, +6% wisdom for agility

To his disappointment, it looked like more of the usual. Earlier, there'd been a wild argument about which Valkyrie was more likely to date a player, and while that had been a little crude, it had evolved into a player actually trying to do just that. It didn't end well, but for Severance, it had been quite entertaining.

He was starting to understand why Awesome Dude was so enthralled with the Chat.

Yikes: Just two more. Come on people, help some noobs out
FedToTheLions: I can help, if you need a DPS
Yikes: Sweet, thanks man! Then we just need one more, a healer
Ten10Ten: In the canyon

Severance sat up, his eyes glued to the window. There were distant deja vu bells ringing in his head. Where had he heard the name Yikes before?

AshlynnLovesAll: Trading boots, +6% wisdom for agility
Whatsit: Need healer for raid
Quintens: Thanks ten
Frigerator: LOL, good luck

"Whatsit," Severance read the name over twice, before it struck him like a bolt of lightning. Wasn't Whatsit and Yikes the names of the people he'd met at the diner? They were weird enough that it was hard to forget. It had to be them.

He eagerly tapped on the Chat. And then he paused, because he'd never sent a message on the Chat before. Whatever he posted would be out there for all the players in Eliona to see. That was almost enough to make him back away.

But... they were looking for a healer, weren't they? This was his chance. He took a deep breath. He'd already told Mrs Beakor about these guys. It'd be embarrassing if he backed down now.

Severance: Hey. Sheesh, Yikes and Whatsit, right? I can heal for you

He waited, holding his breath. Did they see his message? Would they even respond?

Whatsit: Yay!
Whatsit: Wait
AshlynnLovesAll: Trading boots, +6% wisdom for agility
Yikes: Yes! Thanks man!
Whatsit: That name. Did you bring us food the other day?