Wattpad Original
There are 49 more free parts

Chapter 35

"That was awesome!" Yikes slapped Severance across the back, using enough force to make him stagger.

Severance wore an embarrassed smile. "Well..."

"Ha, did you see their faces afterwards?" Whatsit chortled. "They so deserved it!"

They'd just gotten out of the dungeon, and Severance was increasingly uncomfortable with the amount of attention the other players were giving him. He might have encouraged a certain player to spend the rest of the fight on the floor, and he might have failed to lend any sort of aid to a certain healer, whose own stubbornness soon had him laid out on the floor as well, but that was it. It wasn't like he'd done all that much. Although, the Raid had been a lot easier to finish without them participating.

The three friends from the diner crowded around him, which had the added benefit of keeping the others from getting too close. Most just grinned and waved at him before continuing on their way, though Angelo made sure to glare heatedly at him. It was nowhere as murderous as the stare Mr Bandaid threw at him, though.

Severance pretended not to see it. It was strange, but he was no longer bothered by the other healer's actions. What did it matter? The guy was an idiot and had all the capabilities of a wet noodle.

"Hey, thanks for the help," Sheesh said.

"No problem." Severance meant it, too. It might have been annoying dealing with entitled players, but at the end of the day, he was happy to have found the three teens from the diner in game. Even better, he was able to help them out.

"Hang on, I'm going to send you a friend invite, 'kay?" Yikes opened his System menu, his hands moving across invisible screens. His friends followed suit, and within moments, Severance had three new friends in his friend list.

He stared at the fading notifications in a kind of a daze. First, it was just Awesome Dude, and then there was Chad and Momo, although he didn't really spend much time with those two, but that was okay, they counted as friends, right? But now he had three more people who actually wanted to be friends with him.

It was... Severance didn't know what it was. All he knew was that he couldn't stop smiling.

Then he noticed the dark figure lurking nearby. It was Rasin, and he leaned against the white marble pillar of a nearby building, his dark clothing blending seamlessly with the shadow. He wasn't even looking their way, but Severance instinctively knew that Rasin was waiting for him.

He didn't really want to leave his new friends so soon, but he knew Rasin wouldn't be here without a reason. Besides, he figured his new friends had to deal with their level 30 clan quest now anyway.

"Sorry guys, I have to go."

Sheesh, Yikes, and Whatsit took it all in stride. They told him they'd see him later, a statement that made him smile all over again, and then they were gone.

Severance walked over to where Rasin waited.

"Hey. What's going on?"

"Severance," Rasin greeted him with a warm smile. "Do you have some time to spare?"

"Sure." It wasn't like he had anything else to do now, anyway.

"Very good. There's an errand for you and I to do."

"Where's-?"

A System chime cut him off, and a notification revealed itself. Severance rolled his eyes at the sight of it.

Quest Received: Complete Rasin's Errand

Really? This was actually a quest?

"Two Bridges," Rasin answered, but not before giving him an inquisitive glance. "Ser Abelard is finished with the commission. If you're ready, I'll bring us there."