Wattpad Original
There are 50 more free parts

Chapter 34

The fight dragged on. True to his word, Mr Bandaid did absolutely nothing. He dodged the Boss's attacks and did the necessary mechanics to stay alive, but he didn't use a single skill. It was like he was absolutely certain that it was just a matter of time before the party wiped without his superior abilities.

It forced Severance to work a lot harder. He used Radiant Dome and Ward off cooldown, and alternated between Skyfall and Mend for the bulk of his healing. And a lot of healing was needed.

Every time Poseideous roared, everyone took damage. The main tank constantly lost hp like water leaking through a sieve, and the secondary tank failed most mechanics like it was going out of style. The only reason he didn't die was because of his massive health pool.

"Mend." Severance threw a heal on the main tank, who was steadily holding Poseideous to one place on the platform. She did her job well, stoically taking each hit without a shred of hesitation.

"Take that!" Yikes yelled. He'd pulled a stone from the arena floor and chucked it way up at Poseideous head. It glanced off its scaly hide without so much as a scratch. "Ha!"

FedToTheLions scowled at the display. He grabbed his own stone, levitating it and then shot it straight into the gaping wound his tiger had created. A shudder ran through the entire length of Poseideous, and it threw its head back. An ear-splitting shriek erupted from its jaws, staggering players with the sheer force of the sound.

"That's how you do it," FedToTheLions practically growled out the words. "Idiot."

Yikes wasn't listening. Or if he was, he just didn't care. He threw up another stone.

Severance started on his left, healing the DPS players one at a time with Mend. He stood at a distance, wary of being in melee range. He knew that once Poseideous started to shriek in pain instead of roaring in rage, they were into the last half of the fight where things got a little hairier.

Whatsit threw him an odd look, but Severance paid it no mind. The blonde Rainblade had three translucent blades spinning around him in a dazzling display, a constant defense that deflected a portion of any incoming attacks. It meant Severance didn't have to pay as close attention to him, thankfully.

When Poseideous reared back, flaring its colorful mane of spines, Severance immediately backpedaled. Beside him, the others did the same. Staying in a close group when the Boss was about to throw its spines was a bad idea.

He checked the party list; every health bar was green, though two were noticeably lower than the rest. Severance regarded them coolly, then abruptly veered to the left as multiple spines punched into the platform.

This time, they formed a rather dense cluster in the center. Poseideous didn't waste time. It immediately drew away from the platform, its long body uncoiling as it began to prepare for its tsunami attack.

Severance planted a foot and came to a sudden stop. He'd gotten a fair way away, so he needed to rush back to find a spine. When he turned, however, he was greeted by a 15-foot wall of solid ice.

His heart sank into a pool of enraged disbelief. What on earth-?!

It stretched maybe 50-60 feet wide, effectively cutting him off from the spines. He'd either have to go over or around, but there was hardly any time left.

If he stood right against it, would it hold up against the powerful waves and shield him or would it be destroyed? It was a gamble that he wasn't sure he wanted to take. There was one other option left and it too, was a gamble. But it was one he felt more confident in.

He snapped both fans closed, tossed them into Inventory to get them out of the way, then exploded into a full out sprint. His arms pumped like machines, hands forming flat blades that sliced through the air. He leaned forward, so that only the balls of his feet hit the ground. The world blurred around him in a dizzying, exhilarating rush.