Chapter Thirty-Six - Keefe

"Alrighty, now," Della said, stepping closer to the sopping wet Lady Gisela, Ruy, and Vespera. Keefe knew his mom was beaten, and he knew she knew it. He had never been gladder of anything in his entire life.

"It's time for you to answer some questions of ours. No excuses," Della said.

"My daughter and I will determine whether you are telling the truth or not," Vika Heks said. She and Stina walked over and rested their hands on their prisoner's arms. Keefe was about to argue that he could do it, but then he realized that Vika was leaving him free to be near Foster, ready to help in whatever way he could during the emotional times he was sure were ahead. He moved closer to her.

"First question," Foster said, staring at Keefe's mom. "Where is the guy?"

"What guy?" Lady Gisela spat.

"We heard all about it, Mother Dearest," Keefe snapped, unable to take it anymore. "We know about your little guy, hidden away somewhere we can't find him. Where is he?" Keefe didn't know why this was Foster's first item of business, but he would support her decision.

Lady Gisela glared at them. "I'm not answering that question," she said.

Foster shrugged. "Alright. Fitz, are you ready?"

"Ready," Fitz said.

"Okay, okay, fine!" Keefe's mom snapped. "I'll tell you."

"Good. Go ahead."

Lady Gisela breathed heavily through her nose. "He's right here. It's Ruy."

Foster, Keefe, Fitz, Edaline, Della, and everyone else in the room gasped.

"Ruy? As in, Ruy Ignis? The one working with you?" Keefe found himself asking.

"That'd be me," Ruy spoke up, rolling his eyes.

"Ruy has... Ruy..." Foster mumbled. Keefe could hardly believe it, either.

"But," Keefe protested, "Gethen said he didn't know where the guy was."

"He didn't know. Not for sure. He had a good idea, that Ruy would most likely be at our hideout. But he did not know for certain."

"Ooooh, that's so evil," Linh shivered.

"Ok, Ruy has Stellarlune! Got it! And... he's human?"

"Yes. In a way. He is-"

"I believe I can tell it myself," Ruy interrupted. "I am human, yes. Why do you think I wear an addler? I do not have blue eyes, and it is very noticeable. Stellarlune is designed to bring out the full potential in anyone who drinks it – or has it passed down through bloodlines. I am a strange hybrid of human and elf."

"Woah," Foster whispered. Keefe shook his head to clear all the weird information he was learning.

And then Fitz asked the next question.

"If you know who's Sophie's biological father, tell me," he said determinedly.

Foster jerked in alarm. "Fitz, no! I don't want to know that! I'm done with the search. I've told you that! Please, stop trying to figure it out!"

But Fitz wasn't listening. "Tell me now, or I'll find the information myself," he hissed at the three prisoners.

A dark look crossed all three faces. Then Lady Gisela spoke.

"Ruy Ignis."

Word count: 543

Please don't kill me for this cliffhanger... and sorry the chapter's sooooo short. I'll have another one or two out tomorrow. Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment.

PS: Sorry for the spamming again... it's just so fun!

- Total_KOTLC_Fan