6: Feeling Good

Waking up next to William was a comforting feeling. I stretched slightly feeling the weight of his arms around my waist. His grip tightened, pulling me closer against him as a smile spread on my face.

"Where do you think you're going?" He breathed with a light laugh against my ear.

"I'm guessing with the way you're talking, nowhere?" I relaxed more into him.

"That's the correct answer" he said sleepily nuzzling his head into my neck.

"I give in" I giggled taking a deep breath and relaxing  even more.

William fell back to sleep and I enjoyed the feeling of relaxing in his arms...that was enough to make me not go back to sleep.

It didn't take us long to pack up our things and get ready to head back home once we did wake up for good.

"So what's the plan?" I asked William, getting settled in the front seat of his car.

"The only plan I have is to help you move some stuff" he smiled over at me. "Anything else you have planned today?"

"Absolutely nothing" I gave him a smile back as his hand fell to my thigh. "Should I get used to you driving this way now?" I grinned down as his hand.

"Oh, absolutely" the smile on his face grew as he kept his eyes on the road.

"You won't hear me complaining" I giggled digging for snacks.

"No babe, I'm stopping for breakfast" he took the bag of snacks out of my hand and threw it in the back seat.

"We are?" I asked excitedly as he chuckled softly and brought his hand back to my leg.

"Of course we are, I can't let my girl go hungry" he rubbed his hand on my leg gently.

I would never admit it to him, but I loved when he did that. Something about it sent chills down my spine.

I leaned over and kissed his cheek quickly, watching the smile grow on his face.

"Finally" I took a breath closing the car door when we arrived back at William's place.

It was nice to get away for a bit, but it was even nicer to finally be back. After everything I needed some form of familiarity.

"Welcome home" William wrapped his arms around me from behind and pulled me against him.

"I still have to get my stuff" I giggled, making no move to pull out of his arms.

"Let's go clear out some room and we'll go get some of your stuff" he kissed my cheek quickly before moving towards his place.

We cleared out some drawers and space in the closet for my clothes and made sure there was enough room for my stuff in the bathroom before heading to my place to pack up some stuff.

"Are you packing anything in here?" He asked motioning to my end tables that also had drawers.

"Nah, that's stuff I rarely wear. If I need to I can always run back and get it" I smiled at him.

"Well, then it looks like we're done here" he looked around as if he were double checking.

"I think so, I'm not really worried about forgetting things honestly. I can always come back if I need something" I explained.

"And whatever else you need that you can't come back for, I'll take care of" he grinned over at me.

"You've always taken care of me, ever since the day we met" I looked at him seriously.

"Always will too" his smile widened as he picked up my bags.

"Oh!" I called as we passed the kitchen. "We should pack up some food that would go bad if we left it. Just in case I'm there for an extended time" I explained grabbing a box.

"What about this?" William asked holding out something from the pantry.

"When does it expire?" I asked digging back in the fridge.

"Six months from now" he said cautiously.

"Well that's not a big emergency we have some time you can leave it there" I explained closing the fridge.

"Ok" he said putting the item back on the shelf slowly.

"Was that your way of asking how long I was planning on living with you?" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"Maybe" he chuckled softly closing the pantry.

"Don't worry, I won't be a pain in your ass for very long" I grinned picking up the box. "Ready to go?"

He seemed hesitant but picked up the bags and followed me out to the car.

"Now...you're absolutely sure about this before we leave here?" I stopped him before we got in the car.

"Absolutely sure" he smiled pulling my door open for me.

After we had unpacked my stuff and made it feel a little more comfortable for me, I walked to the kitchen pulling out some food.

"What are you doing pretty girl?" William walked in, running his hands through his hair.

"I'm starting dinner" I said like it was obvious.

"You're cooking dinner tonight? I can just order some food" he looked between the food and me.

"Nope, I'm cooking. If I'm going to be your wife, I'm going to completely be your wife. I'm going to take care of you any way I can because I know you'll do the same for me as my husband" I explained turning on the stove.

"How did I get so lucky" he smiled pressing a kiss to the side of my head.

"Can you just keep an eye on this while I run and change?" I asked eager to get out of my day clothes and into pajamas.

When he agreed I moved quickly, stripping off my jeans and shirt for pajama shorts and a tank top. I felt so much better.

"Damn" he mumbled under his breath.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"Nothing, you just look really good" he smiled at me.

"Oh, well thanks I guess" I giggled moving back to the food.

I was tending to dinner and trying to focus when I felt William's arms wrap around my middle quickly before his hands came to rest on my hips.

"Can I ask you something?" He breathed placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Anything" I answered with a smile.

"Do you want to go on a honeymoon?" His voice was low and serious.

"I don't need a honeymoon Willy" I giggled turning in his arms and giving him my full attention.

"No I'm saying like...will you go on a honeymoon? With me? We can go on a weekend I can get free and just get used to this" he gripped me tighter. "Enjoy this"

"You want to go on a honeymoon?" I asked confused.

"I would love to take you on a honeymoon, only if you would want to" he said seriously with a hint of a smile.

"I would love that too" a smile spread on my face. "Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Anywhere we want" he grinned "one condition though"

"What's that? I asked nervously.

"Bring these pajamas" he smirked running his hands along my hips.

"You're such a goofball" I breathed a laugh turning my focus back on the food.

"You think I'm playing, I'm not" he laughed making me laugh too.

I think a honeymoon was a great idea, exactly what we needed to find our new rhythm as a married couple.