Family

I wake up in Josh's arms, cuddling into his chiseled chest. This is him, my boyfriend, Josh Richards. I carefully get up and go to the bathroom for a shower. 

When I get out the shower, Josh isn't lay in my room anymore so I quickly get changed into 

As I get down the stairs, I see Josh pacing the kitchen on the phone. I wrap my arms around his waist as he ends the call, placing it on the table. 

Y/n: Is everything okay, Joshy?

Josh: Well my parents saw our tiktoks and was wondering if if bring you over for dinner tonight.

Y/n: I'd love to but if you don't want to...

Josh: No no I'd want them to meet my girlfriend *kisses forehead*

That evening 

I was adding some finally lip loss to go with my eyeliner and mascara when I heard a knock at my bedroom door

I was adding some finally lip loss to go with my eyeliner and mascara when I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I opened it and saw Josh stood in a jumper and pair of ripped jeans.

Y/n: Finally you learnt what a shirt is.

Josh: Hey now that's just mean especially after I'm taking you for food

Y/n: Your parents are 

Josh: Whatever, let's get going.

We were travelling to Josh's parents in the car however I feel so nervous I can barely take my eyes off my hands. I'm twiddling my thumbs as Josh places his hand on my thigh.

Josh: Y/n? 

Y/n: Hmmmm

Josh: What's wrong? You seem really quiet.

Y/n: I'm just nervous 

Josh: About my parents?

Y/n: Nope I'm nervous to get my eye test back

Josh: *laughs* There's my girlfriend, they'll love you.

When we arrive at Josh's house I feel a whole new wave of anxiety. I can't believe I'm about to meet his parents. 

As we walked to his door a brunette older lady holding a spatula, wearing an apron opens the door. She runs to Josh and gives him a hug.

Lindsey (I actually don't know her name but yolo): My baby you're back!

Josh: Mom!

Lindsey: Oh hush, where's your? Oh my goodness! Hey sweetie, I'm Lindsey, Josh's mom. It's so lovely to meet you.

Y/n: Hey it's lovely to meet you, Josh has told me so much about you. I'm y/n.

Lindsey: Ditto. Please come inside kids and have a seat out of the cold.

I step inside Josh's parents house as his mom takes my coat and hangs it up in the hallway. The hallway is long painted with white walls and family pictures hanging up. To the left, there's a large staircase leading up to another floor. As we continue walking, there's a sofa with a table and plant.  Lindsey leads us to the dining room where Josh's siblings are waiting with the table all set up.

A pretty brunette girl wearing a red hoodie and a pair of green sweats is sat opposite a younger brunette boy, wearing some ripped jeans and a t-shirt. Josh pulls out a seat for me next to him, I mumble a thank you to him. 

Lindsey comes in the dining room with a large pot of pasta with a creamy cheese sauce, ham and peas.  she serves everyone a plate of pasta and a glass of cold water. Personally, I think Josh has great water. Is it just me who think different people's homes water taste different. Anyways, conversation becomes natural. 

Lindsey: So Y/n how did you and Josh meet? 

Y/n: Oh um he's friends with my brother and I moved into the Sway house with him. 

Olivia: Yeah mom, her brother is Jaden 

Lindsey: Oh yes I do remember you saying earlier, Sweetie. 

William: So what's your brother like? 

Y/n: He's alright, pretty annoying but I love him never the less

Olivia: Sounds just like Josh. 

Josh: Hey! I'm cool 

Y/n: I'd disagree with you babe. 

Olivia: Please I love her. 

Josh: You're not the only one. 

I look into Josh's eyes as he winks at me. causing my cheeks to go into a shade of pink. Did he? um...am I over complicating this? My brain hurts. Note to self: Speak to Josh later. 

As I rejoin the conversation I hear Josh teasing his little brother about some girl in his grade, while his brother starts blushing. His mom is laughing along as well as Olivia and I. Just as I was about to speak the door opens as an older man who looks like Josh and William walks through the door. He gives his wife a kiss on her cheek and hugs all the kids. He looks at me over his glasses and looks at Josh with a large smile on his face. 

(A/N: HIS DAD IS CALLED GEORGE CAUSE WHY NOT)

George: so how much do we owe you? 

Lindsey: GEORGE! I'm sorry sweetie

George: I'm just surprised Josh could get a girlfriend. 

Josh: Dad seriously? In front of my girlfriend? 

George: If you need us to pay for therapy, just tell me where I can address the cheque to.

I laugh at Josh's dad's teasing and how flustered Josh is getting. 

George: So you've probably guessed I'm Josh's dad, George. 

Y/n: Lovely to meet you, I'm y/n. 

George: Well I'm pleased to meet you. 

As dinner went on, everyone was laughing with a well flowing conversation. I had a great time getting to know Josh's family as they were such lovely people and easy to get along with. I was so glad to get along with his family and it made me feel good. I think you learn a lot about a person when you see their family and discover how they act with them. 

Me and Josh left and drove back to the Sway house. We were gonna be the only ones at the house as the boys booked a holiday with the girls. So it will be nice to hang out with Josh alone for a week. Who knows what could happen? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'm sure you're excited to see what happens when you leave them both alone with no one around. I even gave an unexpected double update! 

This book is almost finished...