ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖- ℍ𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕄𝕪 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕃𝕚𝕗𝕖

Hey guys! I know it's been two weeks, sorry! 😬❤ My friend sorta said she'd kill me if I abandoned this sorta so I decided I better get a move on 😂. Love you all, thanks for bearing with me!

"Are you sure you've got the right address?"

Percy and his new 'friends', or more like future murderers from some of the looks he was getting, stood in the middle of a deserted alleyway, presumably somewhere in England. The sky was pitch black, and all that was illuminating the area around them was the faint glow of a distant street lamp, but even then, in such dim light, Percy could tell there was a house missing between numbers 11 and 13.

"There's no number 12 there?" He turned to the group in confusion, the smug look on Ron's face for knowing something he didn't, making it hard for Percy to resist the urge to punch him there and then. He had known the boy for less than a day yet he had a feeling he would be even more of an irritating enemy than Clarisse. He took a deep breath, trying to find something else to focus on to keep himself calm. He ended up looking in the window at some family across the road. He felt bad for spying, but what hurt him even more was the happy looks on their faces. They sat around the table eating dinner, laughter probably echoing around the room, chatting about problems that to them probably seemed like the end of the world, but were in reality trivial compared to the unbearable weight Percy carried with him each and every day. They were so innocent, so oblivious to the many wars that happened before their eyes, and to the many people that had died just so they could keep that perfect life. He sighed slightly as a prod on his shoulder brought him back from his daydreams, the dream of a life like that still lingering like an evil tormentor. He turned just in time to see a sight that almost convinced him this was really all a dream. It was as if numbers 11 and 13 were being shoved apart by an earthquake, and the terrible screeching and grinding supported this theory, yet it was clear just from a glance that their residents that they couldn't feel a thing. A house began to protrude between, and on its door, a brass number 12.

"Cool," Percy stated simply, following Lupin and Sirius in through the door. Ron furrowed his eyebrows angrily.

"No, 'wow', or, 'oh god what's happening?'" he muttered to himself. "Does anything bloody faze this guy?" He trailed in after him reluctantly, Harry following suit, leaving Hermione alone.

She glanced across the street curiously, trying to work out what exactly had captured Percy's interest for so long. All she saw was a normal family, nothing special, exactly what Percy had at home. Surely he couldn't be missing his mother so soon? No, there was something else, yet she couldn't just place that almost wistful look that had resided in those vacant eyes. As for his calm reaction to a great magical marvel occurring out of thin air, she had the sense that this was certainly not the weirdest experience Percy Jackson had been through. He had seen much worse. He kept up a good façade with that cheeky, troublemaker grin, but she could tell there were secrets hidden behind it. She believed he was a good person, and there had been undeniable sincerity in his words when he had assured them he had known nothing of his grandfather before they barged into his life, but there was something else. Something she was unbearably determined to find out.

As she made her way into the house, she tried to ignore how much her cheeks burned as she failed to shake the images of those mesmerising aqua eyes from her mind......

ϟ ψ

Ron was seething with rage. He just couldn't understand any of it. This..... boy, was Voldemort's grandson! Sure, he could turn on the charm better than anyone, but surely anyone with a fully functioning pair of eyes could see the evil monster that lay hidden. And the way Hermione looked at him.......