Earth bio

Earthbending, one of the four elemental bending arts, is the geokinetic ability to manipulate earth and rock in all their various forms

Earthbending is one of the most diverse of the bending arts

earthbenders have learned to adapt fighting styles that are more suited to a fast-paced pro-bending match. Most earthbenders participating in pro-bending have learned to keep mobile and only root themselves long enough to actually launch and direct the earth discs provided in the arena. Bolin's earthbending is typical of the style used within the arena, although he has exhibited some of the more traditional forms and movements when outside of it.

Earthbending uses a balance of strength and defense to overwhelm opponents.

The earthbending discipline stresses neutral jing, which involves listening, waiting and attacking at the right moment.

Earth ending abilities

Earth and stone levitation: The most common attack involves levitating nearby pieces of earth and stone of numerous sizes (more powerful benders can move larger masses) and propelling them at foes with punching or kicking motions.

Earth block: Earthbenders can bring up blocks of earth and launch them at their enemies.

Earth column: A more powerful version of rock projectiles, this technique involves forcing columns of rock out of the ground. Using a similar principle, an earthbender can shoot a stream of small ruts and protrusions from underground at their opponent. This can also be used to enhance the benders' jumps. It is, however, limited to the ground and does not have the same range as a rock projectile.

Earth compression: It is possible for earthbenders to compress large chunks of rock into smaller, denser chunks, or to compress several smaller chunks into one big piece of rock.

Earth gauntlet: A much less advanced version of earth armor that can be used to throw back opponents with hard solid force. The technique is useful in that it grants some level of the protection of earth armor but allows the rest of the body to remain flexible.

Earth hand/mannequin: An earthbender with a decent grasp and knowledge of sculpting can craft replicas of human appendages or bodies from any rock source and move them from place to place.

Earth launch: While earthbenders like being rooted to the ground, they can quickly move rock beneath them and launch them several tens of feet into the air, whether to catch airborne opponents or to travel faster.

Earth material manipulation: Earthbending is not limited to rock or soil alone. An earthbender can also manipulate coal, gems, crystals, chalk, salt, and other earth-based materials, like meteorites and jennamite.

Earth shelter: This can be used by earthbenders to create a shelter or dome which can provide instant shelter in the wilderness. It can also be used to trap enemies, but this application would not work against an earthbending opponent, who would be able to cancel out the technique. These can also be created in combat as a defense against non-earthbending attacks.

Earth wall: Earthbenders can create walls of earth, which can be used for both defense and offense, as well as for practical things, like construction.

Ground shift: Earthbenders can alter the ground beneath others to move them out of their way. The sudden movement can be disorienting to the target.