Water bio

Waterbending, one of the four elemental bending arts, is the hydrokinetic ability to control water in all of its various forms.

Water is the element of change. The moon is the source of power in waterbending, and the original waterbenders learned to bend by observing how the moon pushed and pulled the tides.

The fighting style of waterbending is mostly fluid and graceful, acting in concert with the environment. Waterbenders deal with the flow of energy; they let their defense become their offense, turning their opponents' own forces against them. Even when waterbenders do take an attack stance, their moves always appear to flow from one to the other.

Waterbending's strength is its great versatility. Rather than supporting a separate set of offensive methods, waterbending employs defensive techniques that can be transformed into attacks and counters, defense into offense. Instead of simply deflecting an attack, waterbending's defensive maneuvers focus on control, achieved through turning an opponent's own strength against them, rather than directly harming the opponent.

Waterbending abilities and techniques

Breath of ice: A waterbender can use the water vapor in their breath to rapidly freeze objects or opponents. For a more advanced version of the technique, the user takes a deep breath and exhales the air as a cloud of freezing mist.

Ice blade: Waterbenders can create a sword-like blade of ice.

Ice bullets : launch shards of ice opponents.

Ice column: Similar to the earth column technique used by earthbenders, a waterbender can shoot a pillar of ice up from the ground to knock their opponent off their feet.

Ice creeper: A waterbender can send a ray of ice on the ground, speeding at an opponent to freeze them. This technique freezes a trail of water beginning with the waterbender performing the move and ending with their targets freezing.

Ice disc: A waterbender can create a cylindrical column of ice and proceed to slice razor-sharp sections of it off and send them at an opponent.

Ice floor: With a sufficient amount of water available, a skilled waterbender can cover a large area of the ground with ice, trapping their enemies' feet in ice while allowing them to slide around. The size and length are all determined by a waterbender's control, and more powerful benders can create larger floors.

Ice hook: Waterbenders, if creative enough, may form a hook out of ice which they can use to climb vertical surfaces.

Ice line: Waterbenders can create lines of twisting ice columns to knock out their opponents.

Ice projectiles: Waterbenders are able to rapidly shoot projectiles of ice at their opponents.

Ice wall/ice shield: Waterbenders are able to freeze water in front of them, creating a shield or even a large wall of ice.

Ice spear: The ice spear is a waterbending move that involves freezing a stream of water into a spike and firing it at the intended target.

Iceberg spike: Waterbenders can shoot small shards of ice at their opponent, or cause a giant spike to protrude from a body of water.

Phase change: Waterbenders also possess the ability to alter the physical state of the water they manipulate, between liquid, solid and gas, at will. Changing the phase of water allows for multiple techniques in the course of a battle, from encasing an opponent in ice to hiding behind a wall of mist. Ice and steam/fog can also be molded in a diverse range of shapes. Ice provides a degree of hard lethality since it can be molded into spikes or blades to pin down or impale opponents. Steam or mist can obscure a battlefield and mask movement. Waterbenders also possess the ability to breathe an icy mist that freezes water and other substances.