Chapter Thirty Four

"You scored lowest on the Fear Sim

"You scored lowest on the Fear Sim. Zero point five. You chose fear for your friends to rule you right out of the gate and Anders saw."

One Month Later

One Month Later.
Leaping through the wormhole I tumble back into Gabriel's forest. Digging my fingers to cease my tumbling I snap my hair up to watch the wormhole swirling away go dissipate into nothing. I'm not even waiting a moment to recover from the hectic fall. Scrabbling to my feet I break into a sprint towards Sanctum. I push my body to the absolute limit in my rush back to Sanctum. I have to get there- I need to warn them.

Making a break for it across the farming fields, I furrow my brows noticing the flashing rows utterly empty. Normally, from the time I've seen, normal farmers are milling around watching over their crops. Reaping what's grown. Yet there is nothing. Not a soul in sight. My pace falters for a moment until it dawns on me. Maybe I'm too late...

Sprinting madly up the hill to Sanctum, my knees almost collapse under me at the scene I'm met with. It's... it's a slaughter. Bloods run through the paths of brick and grass no longer decorated with flowers but instead with bodies. Crimson blood rushes from slashed necks and bullet holds gushing densely with exposed organs. My stomach turning I feel almost dizzy when my sights set on the Sanctum Palace "No." Panic seeping into my bones I fearfully navigate myself quickly through the thick slaughter. Children of Gabriel, Eligius Miners, Wonkru, and Sanctum residents. They all overlay each other like a broken bloodied jigsaw puzzle.

Leaping up the stairs two at a time my heart begins to pound harder at the sight of more death. Cogs, Wonkru all bloodied across the balcony of the castle. "No-no-no-no" the panic falls from my lips and I take off into Sanctums looming towers. Skidding through the corridors I become rooted to the spot entering the grand hall. I'm paralyzed in horror. My legs can't move and can barely breathe from the massacre. My family- my friends- all laid bloodied and slaughtered. A racked sob falling from my lips my legs completely give way as I collapse on the stairs, unwilling to get any closer. Jackson, Maddi, Murphy, Emori, Clarke, Raven- "Nate-" I choke out, a violent sob wracking through my body when I reach for his bloodied hand. It stiff and cold but it's Miller. My hand clams down for dear life around his as if can bring him back by will alone, my body doubling over as the grieving sobs come with such fury they shake my body. "This is my fault", I sob painfully into Nate's limp hand "I wasn't here-I'm so sorry-I'm so-so sorry-"