Chapter 9 - Paris

James' POV

"Well," I began. "It's very nice," I nod.

"Isn't it?" Daniela asks as she sits on the couch in her new apartment.

From the window of her new apartment which was somewhat far from the lights of the center of Paris, was the tip of the Eiffel Tower.

It's going to be almost a year since our divorce and Daniela has just finished moving into her new place.

"Mommy!" Salomé came running into the living room. "The bed is so big!"

"I know sweetie!" Daniela cheered with our daughter. "Come here!"

With the shared custody, we find ourselves traveling from neighboring countries to bring a sense of home to our daughter.

"How's life?" I ask Daniela as I sit down next to her as she cuddles with Salomé.

"Couldn't be better," she smiled. "How's the team?"

"Everyone sends their best. Marcelo and a couple of the guys are here actually, for a weekend."

"Oh, fun," she sings. "You should go."

"It's tonight, I'd really rather not," I explain. "A lot of the Brazilian national team is going too, don't wanna feel out of place."

"Oh," was all she could say, knowing full well there's some tension.

"Daddy! Are we going out tonight?" Salomé jumps from Daniela's lap to mine.

"Yes, we are sweetie," I smile. "With mommy, she's gonna show us the city after dinner."

Neymar's POV

"Hey!" I cheer before bringing Marcelo in for a hug.

"Neymar!" He cheers before we head over to the taxi.

"How was the flight?" He asks as the driver starts the car and we begin to leave the airport.

"Can't complain," I shrug. "Is everyone else here?"

"You're the last one," Marcelo speaks. "They're at the hotel."

"Who came?"

"Oscar, Dani got in this morning, David and Thiago were already here, Benzema came to visit family, I invited Toni, and some of David's friends are tagging along."

"Nice," I nod at his reply.

Before I know it we arrive at a hotel near the center of this city and David and a friend of his are standing outside.

"Hey!" David cheers. "Look who it is!"

I go in for a hug and I say hi to his friend before we head up to my room, on the same floor as the other guys.

"Oscar," I smile before I greet Ludy who also came along.

"How's it going?" Oscar asks

"Great, man," I reply. "How's everyone?"

"Everyone's great, thanks for asking."

"So are we going out now or later?" Asks Ludy.

"Now seems like a good time," Thiago comes into the room before I greet him and the rest of the guys.

I greet Toni and Benzema, give a little nudge to Dani who I saw earlier today, then we all head out after I leave my bags in the room.

I walk with David a bit behind everyone. Oscar and Ludy are walking along the sidewalk holding hands, Marcelo is talking to Thiago and Dani, and Toni and Benzema don't seem to be leaving one another's side anytime soon. David's friends are walking along with the two of us when David begins to talk.