The Hall

Meredith

"Just come home, Ian," I say to him firmly.

"But... I'm afraid if..." his voice sounds uncertain.

"Nothing gonna happen. Trust me. I'm here okay. And I promise you I'll put away all the kitchen knives. You want me to put away the handcuff too?" I say that and earn a chuckle from my husband.

"Just... come home okay. I'll fix everything" I say softly. Ian is afraid that he falls too deep into his character as a serial killer.

I just saw the whole history about his character. Back then when Ian discussed whether he wanted to take this role or not, I just saw the script. But I didn't realize that this guy has the same past as Ian.

Fucked up childhood. His mom berated him all the time. Beat him and mad at him for no reason. In the end this guy went psycho. When he had his own family he killed his wife and kids. Later he had his second family and did the same, third, forth...

"Are you sure Mer?" Ian asks me weakly. I know he couldn't say no to me for far too long. Like now he is a second away from agreeing with me.

"Yes Ian. Come home to me" I say softly to him. I'm sure I can make him balance again. Just like the old times. "Please..." I say softly with my voice that always makes Ian weak.

And now... we have Grace and Max. Ian loves them to bits. I'm sure our family can pull him out from his role.

He exhales "okay. But please do not hesitate to hit my head when something gone wrong even it's only a friction of it" he says seriously.

I want to giggle with his protectiveness over us from his own self. It's sweet and endearing. But I know if I giggle Ian will be mad and think I'm not serious. But the truth is I know, really know, when an actor falls too deep to their role it can be dangerous. Mostly to their family and themselves. But we're talking about Ian here. My very own husband, and I know if there is anyone who can calm him down, it's me...

That's why I want Ian to come home, because I want to protect him from whatever it is.

***

Ian will be back today, it's not that I don't prepare for anything. I told Nam, my cook, to put away all the knives. I already informed my house's staff about Ian's condition. Just in case..

Grace and Max don't know. But their nanny, Olla, knows. She is my live-in nanny. Consuela, Ethan's cook, sister in law. Her husband died 10 years ago and she was alone. Her daughters married and moved to another city. So she was so happy when we asked her to work for us. Grace and Max keep her happy and busy.

I look at my phone, JB, our driver slash bodyguard, just texted me that Ian just landed. I just put my phone on when it's ring. Ethan Hall.

"Hey E" I say. Ethan and Mads know about Ian's condition. And a day after Mads thought Ethan was cheating on her, I got the info from Ian that Ethan is planning to take Mads on vacation. Silly Madeline! She still doesn't know and the cheating thing eats herself.

"Hey Mer... are you sure, you don't want the kids to stay in my place tonight?"

I chuckle "must be from Ian"

He chuckles too. "Yeah he is kinda.. worried with his own condition. He told me he keeps hearing the evil words"

"I know E. I will... I will take the kids to your place if I'm not sure with Ian. But at least let me try my way first"

"Okay. Well after all if there is someone who knows him very well maybe more than himself. It's you" Ethan says.

I smile "thanks E. You always be there for us"