Welcome

Great East Road - outside of Bree( 6 days passed)

******************************************************************

The skies were darkening as a storm approached from the west heading towards Bree that laid along the great east road while in Bree shopkeepers were quickly closing their shops trying to get home to their families before the storm hit. You could feel the chilling oncoming wind blow along the streets dragging the rain filled gloomy darkness behind it. Right as the rain began to fall the Bree inhabitants had made it into shelters from its wet chill and the streets became quiet except for the sounds of the pouring rain on the ground. There was a brief scream breaking the silence as a woman doubled over in pain clutching her abdomen while her companions tried to get her off the street before she came to any harm.

{ several hours earlier}

Amari woke up earlier this morning feeling achy all over..especially in her lower back..she didn't say anything to anyone because she did not want them to worry. They were going to push and make Bree by this evening so a warm bed was awaiting her and not the cold hard ground..she would feel better in the morning. It had been 4 & half days since they had left King Arathorns home and continued their journey towards Ered Luin..Dwalins home...and now they were better provisioned. They had stayed for two days at Arathorns keep resting and allowing Amaris leg to heal before they decided to leave. In that time they found out that Amari was nearly 8 months along..further than she realized because of she hadnt paid much attention to what was going on with her body . It seems when your trying to avoid a certain person the best you could you end up missing some key details. They also while there discovered something else they werent expecting..friends. So it was Arathorn and Gilraen that had insisted that their new found friends take two extra horses with them..maybe the beasts would serve them better than they did their former masters who had perished from an orc raid..and some supplies with the promise of one day visiting again.

As the day progressed Amaris back wasn't feeling any better and her legs were starting to cramp slightly...it wasn't until she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen did she realize what was happening. She was going into labor.

"Dwalin...how long till we reach Bree?" she tried to keep the pain and terror out of her voice..remaining as calm as possible.

"Roughly a few hours." he didnt turn around as he answered. " Why?"

"Well..." She paused as a contraction hit ..after a moment Dwalin looked back to see why she stopped talking and saw her turning white as she gritted her teeth and swayed in the saddle.

"Amari!" fear laced his voice and he quickly turned his mount around to pull up to her side..steadying her there.Finally she regained her balance and was able to look at him once more...breathing heavy.

"I think the baby is coming." Dwalins went wide with shock and then determination settled in his eyes as he smoothly moved Amari from her saddle onto his so he could move them faster..they had to reach Bree ...now. As soon as she was situated before him he tossed Kita the reigns of Amaris horse to her and urged her to follow quick and close.

"Whats happening to momma?" her voice quivered seeing her mother in such pain.

"Shes going to have the baby really soon..we have got to hurry and get to town fast...so follow close...Were making a run." he craddeled her close to his chest trying to hold her as still as was possible while urging his mount faster.

The ride there was pure hell for both of them...she was screaming as contractions would come on suddenly and going limp in between. Seeing her like this was killing him inside .wishing there was some way he could stop it for her and yet he knew there was no way he could protect her from this. He knew the only thing he could do was get her to a safe and dry place for both of their sakes. As they finally made it to Bree it started to pour and that was when her water decided to brake...she looked at Dwalin as she felt a rush of something flowing down her legs and then an intense pain hit her almost bringing her to her knees. If it wasnt for Dwalins arms around her she would of hit the ground..but he held her up as they walked down the streets towards an inn called The Prancing Pony..hoping they would let them have a room. Finding it he had Kita take the horses to the stable which was on the side of the building as he went in and up to the keeper.