Chapter 3 - Decorations

Emma was angrily staring at his door. Why did it have to be so beautiful? She had arrived to the school much more earlier than usual, and she wasn't sure why. Nonetheless, she examined his door, every decorations on his details and took another picture since the one she had yesterday was of him.

But strangely enough, she didn't delete it.

The painting was meticulously done, and she tilted her head, her finger tracing along every groove and edges, noticing every strokes of the brush paralleling one another. Before she could retrieving her hand, she heard a voice at the end of the hallway say, "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Flustered, she pulled her hand away and cleared her throat, "Y-Yea, I was hoping the same could be done on my door."

"You have to ask the teacher of that class, Dr. Walter,"

Immediately, Emma raised an eyebrow, "Doctor."

"He has a PhD in Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics." The woman who had been walking towards her, stopped and eyed the door. "He's a genius, you could say."

"He really didn't seem like it."

"His personality doesn't really demonstrate his studies and work diligence, but he's a genius. Anyway," she extended her palm, "I'm Kara, I'm with the Chemistry Département. I teach grade tens."

"I'm Emma, Biology, Grade twelves."

"You're new here, aren't you?"

"Yes, I live about an hour away from here."

"You probably wake up before the sunrise to get here on time then. By the way, you weren't in the lounge yesterday; did you receive the invitation?"

"What invitation?"

Kara reached in her work bag, "I think I have a few left. I'm have a get-together at my house; I usually have one at the beginning of every year just so we can all get to know each other and talk. There's always some new teachers each year so...I try to help out the way I can," she smiled.

Emma grabbed the invitation card, "Thank you, I'll make sure to attend it. When is it?"

"This weekend, on Saturday. It's at 6 pm, I hope you can make it. Oh," she leaned forward, glancing sideways before murmuring, "I wanted to make sure since I respect everyone's decision. Alcoholic drinks are alright with you?"

"Yes."

Kara beamed, "Alright, just because I never know. There are a few people who have been sober for months and then are uncomfortable from the alcohol handed at the get-together, so I want to assure that everyone is comfortable in my home—"

"Well, well, look who we have here." Both their heads turned when they heard his deep husky voice, Kara's heart beginning to flutter the moment she saw him. As for Emma, she furrowed her brows and began stepping away from them. "Why are you guys standing in front of my door?"

"We were admiring your decorations—"

"Well, if you had a minor in art, you'd hope you can draw a few lines." It was strange, since although it was Kara that had spoken, he only stated at Emma. His hair was gelled backwards, his golden brown darkened to a dark chocolate colour. His eyes seemed awake and lively, challenging Emma's gaze who did not want to lose, not turning away by any means. He was wearing his habitual dress shirt, tucked into his formal pants, and he had the sleeves rolled to his elbows.

Although Emma despised him with every bone in her body, she couldn't help but recognize that Dr. Walter was quite handsome...maybe too handsome.

And he seemed to be able to read her mind, since after a few seconds, he smirked and squinted his eyebrows, "What are you thinking about, professor?"

"N-nothing," Emma yelped, her cheeks toning a bit of pink before shaking her head embarrassingly, realizing that her sudden outburst had probably revealed what she had thinking.

Thankfully, Kara changed the conversation by asking, "Are you coming this weekend?"

"I got your invitation," he inserted his key into his lock before pushing the door, "I don't know if I'll be busy or not yet. If I have no plans, then I will. Anyway, can you both get away from my door? I have to plan for my courses."

"Aren't you supposed to plan ahead of time?" Emma folded her arms.

He simply rolled his eyes and waved a hand dismissively, yawning as he added, "You talk to much; you're voice is too boring," before closing the door, leaving them both on the other side.