Maybe I did

Word count: 1,199 words
Published: November 15, 2020
Edited: May 12, 2021

2nd Person's POV:

You've had a crush on the Gryffindor team keeper ever since your first day at Hogwarts.

Oliver was in the majority of all your classes, during your time at Hogwarts. One of the only places where you two weren't in close proximity at was at the Quidditch Pitch.

Well, that's not because you weren't a fan of Quidditch, because you were, but more because you were keen on flying.

So because of this, you tended to stay away from the broom. Still, that didn't mean that you stayed away from the pitch all together.

You always managed to find a way to wander down to the pitch, whether it was by simply supporting the team while they were playing or whether it was by you volunteering as a healer at the side of the pitch.

This was mainly how you interacted with Oliver. He was always injuring himself.

So it made it pretty easy for you to be by his side the majority of the time.

You never forget the jokes he would make while lying on the ground at your knees, with blood gushing from his head or his arm twisted into some of the most unnatural positions known to anyone.

The thought had always occurred to you then, if Oliver saw you simply as a friend or as something more.

He never said anything so you assumed that he had no romantic feelings for you whatsoever.

But then again, you've never expressed any of your feelings for him either and you definitely did feel something more than friendship for Oliver.

It was more than just a high school crush for you. You've realized that.

Every time that you saw Oliver playing a match, both in Hogwarts and after when he became a professional Quidditch player.

And you had realized it now as you entered your next patients hospital room.

There he was, your teenage crush. Ten years older than he was the last time that you had saw him.

Ten years may have passed, and he may now be the most famous Quidditch player ever, you may have become a fully qualified healer, admired above all within your profession,

But those butterflies in your stomach still rose and fluttered rapidly and uncontrollably. He still lay there like a deer in headlights.

Quietly muttering in pain, trying to hide his injuries the best he could. Just like he always did.

Yes, maybe Ten years have passed. But still, you felt just the same towards this man.

Y/N's POV:

"Why hello there Y/N. Long time no see?" Then he turned that big goofy smile my way. And I felt my heart melt, just like the way it had when I was 18.

"Wood" I said, with a curt nod of my head, trying not to show my burning cheeks 

"Well, I see nothing's changed" I smirked knowingly as I grabbed his file from the end of the bed.

"Well, you know me Y/L/N" he paused and then looked at me

"I can't go by a week not getting hurt" he continued.

"More like a day" I commented as I rolled my eyes.

Oliver chuckled at that, forcing those butterflies in my stomach to dance harder than they had done most of the time before.

I forgot about that laugh. I forgot how infectious that laugh was. I forgot how it sounded when I heard it bouncing off of the walls in the common room almost every single day.

And I forgot the effect that that laugh had on me.

"So, you're a professional healer now I guess" Oliver began, eyes following me around the room as I gathered some equipment.

"It suits you though. I always remember you running to my side when I broke bone after bone at the pitch".

He remembered. The idea warmed my heart. I just always assumed that he forgot about all those.

Forgot about all the times I healed him back to health, all the times that I refused to leave him until I believed that he was on the mend.

All the times that I had snuck Bertie Botts, Pumpkin Pasties and Chocolate Frogs up into the hospital wing for him right under Madam Pomfrey's nose.

He remembered. He remembered all of it.

"Well, if I didn't do it, who would?" I said as I dragged a stool over to his side and began to examine him carefully.

I tried my best not to let your eyes land on his toned abdomen. "I was the only one with the patience to put up with you constantly injuring yourself".

3rd Person's POV:

"I did get injured a lot didn't I?" He chuckled deeply, eyes raking over her face as she concentrated on his wounds.

"Yeah, someone would think that you were doing it on purpose" Y/N said absentmindedly as she gently dabbed a cloth coated in medicine across the injuries.

Oliver stayed silent for a moment before speaking. "Maybe I did".

Her hand froze over the cut on his chest as she raised her eyes up to his face.

His eyes remained trained on her own as her breath quickened and heart sped up.

"What?" She murmured quietly.

"I said.. That maybe I did it on purpose". He raised his hand slowly, bringing it to tuck a strand of Y/H/C hair behind her ear,

Then letting his long fingers glide across the soft skin of her cheek.

"Maybe I wanted you to come to my rescue. Maybe I wanted you to nurse me back to health and talk to me until the early hours of the morning".

Y/N remained quite, unsure of what to say, and nervous that if she even tried to speak her pounding heart may find a way out and run away.

2nd Person's POV:

"I liked you" Oliver muttered.

"I like you. Ten years later and I still get those butterflies in my stomach just like I did when we were eighteen".

You couldn't believe it.

Oliver Wood, the boy who you had had a crush on since you were eleven, had felt the same way about you as you had about him-

Still feels the way you do about him.

Without hesitating, you bring your face closer to his and press your lips against his, making sure you didn't accidentally lean on his wounds and cause him more damage.

You had always imagined what it would be like to kiss the Oliver Wood, but you hadn't thought it to be better than what you had imagined.

A thousand times better, maybe even a billion times. Maybe it was better because it was real, not perfect, but real.

After a few moments, you both pulled away and you laughed gently.

Oliver looked at you intently, eyes roaming the surface of your face. "What's so funny?".

"Well, I have wanted to do that for years..."

"Oh really?" He looked at you with a smirk before saying 

"Well, why didn't you do it sooner? We wasted ten years by not doing it".

"Oh shut up and keep on dreaming" You smiled and leant back in to place a gentle kiss on the keeper's lips.