1

The day actually began as usual: after getting up, he had turned on the coffee machine and had taken a shower in the meantime. Afterwards, with only a towel around his hip, he went back to his kitchen and had his first cup of coffee. What would the grey-haired man do without his coffee? Correct: He would sink!
Then he got dressed, checked once more if he had everything for the mission and then set off for the big gate of the village. On the way he greeted a few people and stopped here and there for a little chat. Kakashi had a habit of being late, one that honoured his best friend at the time, after all, he was always late and yet in the end, he was the bravest shinobi he knew. Lost in thought he arrived at the gate, where he could already hear Naruto, Sakura, & Tenzou nagging. For a moment he apologized for his delay and then they left.
He had a meeting with the other Kage's and without escort the Rokudaime was not allowed to leave.

-*-

In the meantime, Iruka had started to get ready for today at school, as there was a new class that had been accepted and he was the teacher of that class. So he put on his uniform once more before he went to the academy, where he answered the parents' questions and accompanied the small enrolment ceremony, then he went with the students to the class and introduced himself before explaining what they would learn at the academy. With a trained eye, he watched the children and saw that they were not so different from the class Naruto used to be in.
Every child would have its own problems and he would wholeheartedly help every child within the limits of his possibilities.
After the incident, the decision to become a teacher was not for him
Naruto was the best example that it had been the best decision for him. A brief smile fell on his lips and so he taught the class, gave them notes on what they needed for the future of the Academy and then released them back to their parents. Shortly afterwards he went to the teachers' room to work on essays from another class...He didn't really lack paperwork, but he was happy because the essays described what the children hoped for from the future.

It was not until late afternoon that he noticed that he was indeed the last one in the teachers' room and so he stretched out, took his cup to rinse it and then turned off the light, walked around the academy again to check that nobody was left, all windows and doors were closed and then locked the door, his way led him to the Ichirakus Ramen shop where he saw nobody. Immediately he sat down and smiled at the old man who immediately made him a portion of his favourite ramen. His gaze went briefly to the right, where Naruto had sat before, and for a moment the melancholy came over him. But it didn't last long, and so he finally devoted himself to the bowl of ramen in front of him, which he began to eat slowly and with pleasure.
While he was still thinking about it, he didn't even notice how Gai and Kurenai sat down next to him and ordered their ramen as well. "It is really not the same since it is so peaceful and Naruto doesn't make mischief anymore," Kurenai said and Iruka looked up. Gai just nodded and laughed. "That's true but let's enjoy the peace in the bloom of our youth," he said with his typical grin and then they both looked up at Iruka. "What do you say to that?" Kurenai asked him directly and he thought before he looked into his ramen bowl.
"It is indeed strangely peaceful...but I really enjoy this peace very much. It does us all good and as for Naruto, I am glad to see how grown up he has become and also that he has finally realised how much Hinata loves him and he loves her...Somehow it feels like he is my own child and I am his father. He said these thoughts for the first time and Gai laughed. "Well, strictly speaking you are too...you were the first one of us who really believed in him and was always there for him, especially since his destiny is somehow your own. Thought Kurenai before they ate their ramen. That was the whole conversation and he paid and said goodbye to them. His way led directly to his home, but he was intercepted halfway by Genma, Kotetsu and Izumo. Somehow the 3 of them managed to get him to agree to another drink, what was wrong with him?
Otherwise he didn't drink either, or at least had been able to get rid of her every time, and today of all days he agreed? So Iruka did not know each other, but it was not at all bad. Together they went to the "rusty Kunai", where they sat down in a corner and ordered the first drinks.

-*-

Kakashi and his troop had just taken a rest after being on their feet all day and had set up camp. Together with Tenzou, he sat by the fire, listening to the crackling of the flames and the quiet breaths of the others while Naruto snored a little. "Have you ever thought about a representative for the academy?" the brown-haired man asked his best friend, could Kakashi and him really be called that? They had simply known each other for a very long time now and had experienced a lot together. The Rokudaime nodded thoughtfully and threw another wooden spade into the fire. "Iruka-Sensei" it came over his lips and he raised his eyes. "Is this your final choice?" Tenzou asked again and the grey-haired man nodded. "Yes, he really is the best for this job. Just look at what Naruto has become. Without Iruka, he would never have gotten this far and every other child he has taught has become something too." Kakashi was 100% sure that Iruka would fill the newly created post of headmaster.
Kakashi still remembered the brown-haired boy who had failed the Chu Nin selection test and who hesitated on a mission because he just couldn't bring himself to kill a person. Even in the 4th Ninja War, Iruka had made sure that the children were taken to safety. Only in an extreme emergency did the brown-haired man really take up a weapon and he had an open ear for everyone. Kakashi liked this trait in Iruka and often envied him a little for it.
"Does he also know that you secretly have a crush on him?" Tenzou grinned and teased the Rokudaime a little. Immediately Kakashi lifted his head and looked at Tenzou, because of his mask he couldn't see how he slightly twisted his mouth. "I have a crush on no one, I have no room in my life for a serious relationship. You know how this will end with me, you saw it with Anko. The grey-haired man sighed and leaned back a little. "Iruka deserves better than me..."