4

A few days had passed since this strange conversation with Iruka and Kakashi had retreated to his office, wanting to explore the possibility of replacing Iruka as a teacher and appointing him as director. For although he could do so as the Hokage of Konoha, there would be an unfilled teacher position that had to be filled again, and at the moment there was no one who could really be considered except Shino, who was still in further training. Maybe they would somehow manage to do that on a transitional basis. He wanted it so much and when he looked at the clock he had to grin because his path would cross Iruka's today and maybe they would be able to say a little more to each other than last time?
Slowly he got up, hung his hoka coat over the chair and once stretched out yawning as Shikamaru came in and smiled. "Well, do you have to get back to your date?" he asked with a grin and had to smile. Kakashi, however, sighed, shook his head briefly and looked at his right hand. "I guess you can't call it a date...it's..." "Complicated, you mentioned that." Shikamaru finished the sentence of his superior and together they left the Hoka Tower.

At a crossroads their paths separated and Kakashis led to the "rusty Kunai" where he saw Iruka trying to escape a drunken Genma. "G...Gen...I said no" he said emphatically and pushed the other shinobi away, but Gen didn't seem to listen and pushed Iruka against the wall. If he didn't do anything now, Iruka's first kiss would belong to a shinobi who didn't love him...or not as he should!
Kakashi put the short distance behind him, laid his hand on Genma's shoulder and turned him over to face him. "Iruka said no" he said emphatically and so the drunken shinobi looked into his eye in surprise before he closed his mouth and turned to the side, so that just next to Kakashi, his stomach contents came out. The grey-haired shinobi sighed and was about to hoist Genma over his shoulder when Tenzou appeared, Anbu of course, and took over for him.

-*-

A few days had passed since he had last seen Kakashi, and he still didn't have any detailed information about what Kakashi was going to do with him as director. It was a little annoying to be so uncertain, but his work didn't suffer at all. It was Friday evening and he had given in to Genma's request to go with him to the "Rusty Kunai" for a drink and a nice chat. However, the evening had not turned out the way he had thought, his colleague got drunk and urged him to come home with him and make more than just a friendship, which Iruka did not really want to do. If he was honest with himself, he had never given a thought to any man or woman, of course he had certain dreams, but he never really felt the need to have a relationship. After he was wounded at the mission and retired to work as a teacher, this was his purpose in life. But when Genma started to pressure him, he started to think that it was time for a love affair or something like that. As if on cue, her precious Hokage appeared and rescued him from this predicament. Iruka got a little red around the nose and felt his cheeks getting hot, wait, what was going on here? Why did he suddenly react to Kakashi like that? He wasn't used to that at all and he hoped fervently that the Rokudaime hadn't seen this. But when the Anbu showed up to take Genma home, Iruka realized that he was probably alone with Kakashi. "I'll take you home" the grey-haired man said to him and the Chu-Nin could not help but nod. Together they went in the direction the teacher lived and walked next to each other for a while without speaking a word. "D..thanks for straight. That would be..." Kakashi waved away and gave Iruka a smile through the mask. "You would have done the same for me, but why were you away with Genma? I mean, you know he's quite a player." Iruka swallowed and looked down. "I honestly don't know myself. He'd asked me a couple of times and I've always refused." He sighed and put his hands in his back where he interlocked them. He could see from the corner of his eye that the whole Kakashi seemed to be amusing. Somehow it felt good to experience the other one a little detached. "Maybe it will be easy for you to get married, at least until you become one of the few attractive bachelors in our village and as far as I know, there are many interesting people for you, male and female alike. Iruka turned red again and looked ahead to avoid looking at Kakashi.
... "I guess it wasn't the right one yet." Iruka said that and just got a dry mouth. The night hadn't been over Konoha for long and the moon was still full. The mood couldn't have been more romantic, they arrived at his place after a while and he saw Kakashi's face for the first time, could it be a slight surprise or was it astonishment? To recognise in it.

-*-

It was kind of cute how Iruka suddenly became so nervous in his presence and even this red in his face somehow stood for Chu-Nin. Of course, he didn't say that he himself was interested in the Chu-Nin, it would simply make her situation much too complicated, more complicated than she already was.
But they had arrived at the Chu-Nin's home much too quickly and now they were standing here, in a really more than romantic mood and all that was missing was romantic music and it would be one of those cheesy goodbyes that Jiraiya wrote from time to time in the Icha-Icha books. Was that really the case? Could you tell from that one kiss if you really loved that person? Kakashi had become curious, looked at Iruka and saw that this whole situation was more than uncomfortable for him as well, so he sighed inwardly and decided what to do.

Gently he pressed the brown-haired Chu-Nin against the wall, pulled down his mask in a flash and kissed the other one simply intimately, yet incredibly gently. He had closed his eyes, felt his whole body start to tingle and he felt a little queasy in his stomach. His knees softened a bit and he knew for sure: their situation would become even more complicated, because now he knew about his feelings for the Chu-Nin. He loved him!