Chapter Two

~~~WARNING MILD SWEARING~~~

~Later that day~

Percy's POV

I sighed as I stared at my phone, debating what Emily told me.

My anxiety is holding me back but my determination is making me want to do.

Who should I contact?

I know Emily said Ava, but maybe I can start with Andy or Mayla...maybe even Kirsty.

I took a deep breath, and grabbed my phone from the kitchen bench and decided to dial Mayla, the phone ringing.

The more I wanted, the more I wanted to hang up, thinking it was a stupid idea.

I tapped my foot, the tiles under my bare feet cold.

As I predicted, I wasn't surprised when it went to voice mail.

I hung up without a voice message, trying to control my nervous energy.

Deep breath in, hold for 8 seconds, and breathe out.

I sighed, running my free hand through my hair.

"Maybe Kristy" I muttered as I clicked on her number, putting the phone up to my ear again.

The phone didn't even ring once before someone picked up.

"Hey Percy, what's up?" 

I sighed with relief, laughing.

"h-h-hi Kristy" I said, out of breathe.

"Are you alright Percy? You seem out of breath?" Kirsty asked, worried.

"Nothing, nothing at all" I replied, trying to keep calm.

"Anyway, how are you?" she asked, "I haven't heard from you in ages...and it seems the media hasn't either"

"Yeah" I exclaimed, rubbing the back of my neck "Hasn't been great, in a rocky patch"

"That's not good" Kristy said "Why didn't you call earlier?"

I sighed.

"A lot of people have been ignoring me Kirsty" I started, hugging myself with the one arm as I tried to hold down the lump in my throat "I assumed you would too"

"I would never" Kristy stated, almost sounding offended "Give me a list, I will make them talk to you!"

I chuckled.

"It's fine Kristy, you worry about you, and I can worry about myself"

She sighed.

"I know you're all 'worry about everyone before me' person, but look where that got you last time?" Kristy asked "You can talk to me, you can talk to all of us"

"They don't want to talk to me, they made that very clear" I said bitterly,

"Whoah, where did that tone come from?" she asked "Who is not talking to you? Andy? Ava? The others at camp-"

"How are you anyway?" I asked, trying to avoid the subject.

"Percy-"

"I'm serious, I haven't heard from you in awhile so I wanna hear it; how are you?" I asked.