Chapter Five: New People in the Dorm

Video is for a later part in this chapter, but feel free to listen to it, it's a pretty good song :)

I open my door to see Laura and two girls standing there. "Hey," I say, opening my door wider.

"Hey Cami, these are the twins of our dorm," Laura says. "This is Alex and Abby."

"I'm Abby," the shorter one with glasses says. Her dirty blonde wavy hair was a few inches below her shoulders. She has the same glasses as me, but her frames have a slightly different shape.

"I'm Alex," the taller one says. She had the same coloured hair as her sister, but it was longer and went to her elbows. While her sister has hazel eyes, Alex has peircing blue eyes. They are both very pretty.

"Hey, I'm Cami!" I say, holding my hand out for them to shake. "What rooms are you guys staying in?"

"We're staying together in room nine. We're neighbours!" Abby says.

"Awesome! Do you guys want help unpacking? I just finished," I offered.

"Sure, that would be great," they both say at the same time.

"Okay, let me grab my phone," I say laughing. I turn back to my desk, get my phone, and follow them to their room.

Alex fumbles with her key and opens the door. Their room has the same layout as mine, but it's walls are a deep purple colour. "Wow, it's really pretty," Alex says, putting her bags down next to the bed on the left side of the room. While Alex and Abby put their clothes away, I take their sheets and make their beds. Alex and Abby brought the same comforters, a black and white victorian pattern. Alex's sheets are white and Abby's are black.

We finish at the same time, and their room looks awesome. "Wow, it looks great!" I exclaim.

"Yes! It does! Thank you so much for helping us!" Alex exclaims, pulling me into a hug. "Let's go to the barn and meet your horse," she suggests. I nod and we walk out the dorm. I stuff my cubby and dorm keys into the pocket of my breeches and walk downstairs. We tell Laura that we will be back and we run to the barn. Raquel sees me and whinnies, and I smile and walk over to her.

"This is Little Red Rocket, or Raquel," I say, stroking her face. Alex and Abby walk over and pet her.

"She's adorable!" Abby says, and she pulls me across the aisle of the barn to two black horses, one with a blaze down her face and one sock and the other with four socks. Abby points to the horse with the socks.

"This is Gypsy," she says, stroking the black horse's face.

"She's goregous," I tell Abby, reaching my hand out to let her smell me.

"And this," Alex says, clucking to the other black horse, "is Jasmine. Jazzy and Gypsy are sisters. We grew up together."

"My story exactly. My mom's mare gave birth to Raquel a week before my birthday. There's never been a day in my life when I didn't see her. My mom would bring me outside to see the horsies, and I always reached out to Raquel. When I was three, I rode her for the first time ever. We clicked and are now inseperable," I say. While I said that, I had made my why back to Raquel. I turned to her and she pressed her face against my forehead, making em giggle.

"So, wanna go on a campus ride?" I asked. The girls looked at each other before giving me their answer.

"Yeah, let's go!" Alex shouted.

Fifteen minutes later, I was atop Raquel just outside the barn. She didn't have any tack on except for her bridle, and I grabbed my helmet. I made sure I didn't loose my keys.

"Let's go explore," Abby said as she led Gypsy out of the barn. Like me, the girls had no tack on except for bridles. We started at the dorms, slowly walking down the cobblestone road that all of the dorm houses were attached to. Some people were outside, one girl was even grazing a beautiful Fresian. Us three spoke for a while, talking about school schedules.

"It sucks that we don't know our riding classes yet, but I heard we learn them on Monday," Alex says. "What's your school schedule, Cami?"

"My schedule is English honours, Astronomy Open, Algebra, US History Honours, Culinary, and 3D Art," I say, thinking of the top of my head.

"Mine is Biology Open, Geometry Honours, English Open, US History Honours, Culinary, and Creative writing," Alex said. "Yey, we have History and Culinary together."

"We can cook for the whole dorm," I laughed.

"My schedule is English honours Algebra II Open, Biology, US History Honours, Ceramics and 3D Art," Abby says.

"Well, yay! At least some people I know are in my classes. Laura said to make as many friends as possible, competition here gets pre-tty heated," Alex says. "I think we should head back now, it's getting kind of dark already." I check my phone. 4:00. Oops, I must've missed lunch. Oh well, I was too anxious anyways.

"Yeah, let's go. I need to shower, I stink," I say. We turn around and head back to the barn. All of the sudden, we get stopped by the girl who was grazing the Fresian.

"Um, Miss, I think you dropped this," she says, approaching me. I hold out my hand and she drops my keys into it.

"Oh my gosh, thank you!" I exclaim. We chat for a minute, and her name is Kayla. Her horse's name is Gayle, or Sweet Revenge. It turns out, Kayla's barn is right next to us, the pretty red one. We all exchanged phone numbers and went along on our merry ways.'

~

Once we got home, I showered and shanged into spandex shorts and a 4H T-shirt from a few years ago. I get attracted downstairs from the scent of macaroni and cheese.

"We eat gormet here," Laura says from the stove, stirring a double batch of box mac n' cheese.

"Fine by me," I say, brushing out my damp brown hair and readjusting my glasses on my face. "Where are the twins?"

"They went to Student Support to find the campus Netflix sign in," she says. "Movie night!"

"Awh yeah," I say, tossing my hair back. "I'm gonna go grab my laptop, I'll be right back."

I go upstairs and plug my phone in on my speakers, and decide to bring the whole thing downstairs. Carrying my laptop, phone, and speakers, I waltz into the kitchen.

I play some music on my phone, and 'Enjoy the Ride' by Krewella comes on. After the opening music, Alex and Abby burst into the door singing.

We were born ready, ready to be free

Chasing every thrill we see

With our eyes steady, walking to the dream

Aching to be thrown in the ring

If nothing comes easy, as long as we're breathing

We'll go all the way or go home

We were born ready, wherever it leads

What we have is all we need

'Cause if it's fast or slow

All I really know is I'm gonna enjoy the ride

And if it's hard or soft before we get off

I'm gonna enjoy the ride, enjoy the ride

(Short A/N sorry for the boring beginning chapters, I need to introduce everyone and everything and ugh. Sorry)