Chapter Nine: Last Day With No School ;-;

Rea and I walk into the dorms and go directly to our rooms. On my bed is something wrapped in plain brown paper, with a little bit of hay twine wrapping it together (A/N Because you never have enough hay twine, ammiright).

        I opened the package and see a Maple Stream Riding Academy riding uniform. The breeches are white, and the shirts are navy blue, but there are white stripes under the arms and down the side of the shirt. On the front top left side of the shirt is MSRA's logo, a blue maple leaf. Around the top of the leaf, in white writing, it reads 'Maple Stream Riding Academy'. There's even a pair of blue boots socks and a blue belt. I actually kind of like this riding outfit. I notice a little note in the paper used to wrap up the uniform. It reads:

        Here's your riding uniform. It is to be worn to your riding lessons. It is a symbol of respect for your sport and teachers, and if it is not worn, you will get five points off of your total score of your lesson. This isn't a joke, so please take it seriously. If you loose your uniform, report to Student Support as soon as possible.

        On the other hand, you will recieve two more uniforms later this month- one for your group and one for your team. Each student is required to be a part of one team. While you can choose any discipline team, it is highly recommended that you join the team of your primary discipline so you can succeed at that discipline and become something better through it.

        Team tryouts will be happening on November 5th. Tryouts just decide if you are put on the primary team or the secondary team. If you do not tryout, you will be put on the secondary team of the team you select. Choose your team by October 31st. If you don't choose, you will be put in the secondary team of your primary discipline. Thank you, let's make this school year safe and productive!

        Well shoot. This is kind of a lot of info to take in. Oh well. I set up my uniform and riding boots in my closet and decide to take a nap.

~

        (A/N- I had to switch to my phone right here so sorry if the paragraph gets all funky and shiz)

        I wake up to someone stroking my hair. I open my eyes and see Mason looking at me.

        "Laura wanted me to wake you up. It's time for dinner," Mason says, sitting back on his heels.

        "What time is it?" I ask, grabbing my phone from underneath my pillow. 6:45.

        "You've been asleep for like, eight hours. Are you okay?" Mason asks, a concerned look on his face.

        "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go to dinner," I say, getting out of bed with Mason's help.

        "We're having actual food for dinner tonight," Mason says, wrinkling his nose in disgust. "To be absolutely honest, I really enjoy instant macaroni and cheese and pizza from a box."

        "Same. What are we having?" I ask as we turn into the kitchen. On the counter, Laura's carving a huge turkey. "Wait, what?"

        "They sent a turkey to every group for dinner tonight. They want you to eat well before school starts," Laura explains. "Go ahead, grab some meat. There's mashed potatoes on the stove." Mason gets me a plate and I grab some meat and potatoes. We plop down on the couch and watch the next episode of 'The Flash', the show we've been watching all week.

        "But I don't get it! He's obviously the guy who killed Barry's mom!" Paul shouts angrily. Following his complaint, Maggie punches him in the arm. "Hey, watch it. That's my barrel racing arm!"

        We laugh and continue on with the show. When everybody is done eating, Laura comes around and collects our dishes. At about 9:15, everyone goes upstairs to prepare for school, but Mason and I stay seated on the couch.

        We talk for an hour, and even play a card game, but at 10:30, Laura tells us it's time for bed. "Lights out guys. Go upstairs and get some rest."

        "Okay. Let me at least walk her to her room, like the true gentleman I am," Mason says, adjusting his invisible tie.

        "Alright, just be in your own rooms by 10:35," Laura says, going into her room and shutting the door. Mason and I walk upstairs to my dorm together.

        "Hey, thanks," I say. Before I even think, I pull him into a big hug. Embarrased, I pull away. "Sorry..." I mumble.

        "It's fine," he says, looking directly into my eyes, "as long as it's okay for me to do this."

        With that, he kisses me.