Chapter 5: Jealousy

Author's Note: I think there will be one chapter after this one. I hope you like!! Please let me know if you'd like to see more Scavi in the future.

Chapter 5: Jealousy

Scott adjusted his leather jacket, and ran a hand through his freshly-waxed hair. Satisfied with how it looked, he sighed to himself.

He had tried to contact Avi three times this week. They needed to have another conversation. But Avi wasn't answering him. It was frustrating, and Scott's emotions had evolved over the past seven days. They had morphed from shame, to guilt, to annoyance, to downright longing (that one was most confusing) to anger. After all, he was currently settled on the mindset of "None of this was my fault, I can't control what other people think of me."

So, he grabbed his phone, and called his roommate's name from where he stood at the front door of their house. Mitch scampered out, looking ready to go as well.

"Uber?"

"Yup, outside. Let's go." Scott turned to leave, but Mitch caught his elbow.

"Are you going to be okay? He's going to be there, you know."

"I think I'll be fine, Mitch. Just maybe keep him away from me, yeah?"

"I don't know if that's the best solution to this, Scott," Mitch replied as they locked the front door.

"He's the one ignoring me. I'm done with this. None of this was my fault."

"You're right, it wasn't. But you care about him."

Scott crawled into the Uber, muttering a "thank-you" to the driver. Mitch followed suit.

"Oh well. Maybe keep Esther away from me, too. She might come out swinging, now that she knows."

"Esther adores you."

"Yeah, I'm sure that's still true..."

They pulled up to Kirstie and Ben's house, and it looked as though everyone had already arrived. They got out of the uber, ripping their medical masks off.

"Hopefully no pictures... people will have our heads if they see we were partying at a time like this," Mitch pondered out loud.

Kirstie opened the door before they even made it up the steps. "Uuuuuuugh, I missed you guys!" She yelled, sounding more than a bit tipsy. Scott and Mitch embraced her at the same time, and Scott was thankful that she still didn't know about how he had ruined their group.

"Happy Birthday, Kirst. We love you."

"Shots!" She shouted, and spun on her heel, scampering away. Scott laughed, following her, feeling his heart thumping strongly against his ribcage. He hated that he felt this anxious.

His eyes came to rest on the man he had been so nervous to see. Avi stood in the corner, with a drink in hand, speaking with a man Scott didn't recognize. There was a woman next to him as well. He looked happy, and he looked handsome.

Scott considered ripping off the band-aid. Perhaps he should just go say hello, instead of starting the theme of dancing around one another all night.

He aborted that thought, however, when Avi's arm snaked around the waist of the woman next to him. He leaned in and whispered something in her ear, eliciting a high-pitched, obnoxious laugh from her lips.

Scott couldn't help his feeling of disgust. Was it disgust? No... who was he kidding? Scott was hurt.

How could he make him feel so horrible, and then flaunt this woman in front of him a week later? Clearly, his feelings weren't all that strong to begin with.